Anyone feel hungry the first week out??

fooseberry
on 2/12/07 11:31 am - E Falmouth, MA
I guess I thought that would be the last thing to really have a problem with as my new stomach is so small. But I have to admit I do feel hungry- I have gotten in about 50 gr of protein in last 2 days and that hasn't helped too much. I guess I will get used to it but I though RNY would help with that hungry feeling. My stomach is currently growling like a bear...LOL Any one have any info to share with a girl only 5 days out from surgery. Jennifer
manchenton
on 2/13/07 4:38 am
I had surgery on the 5th and fortunately have not been so hungry that my stomach is growling. As soon as a "drink" 4 oz of protein I am satisfied for a few hours. Sorry I can't offer personal experience advice but.... The program at MGH recommended a minimum of 24 oz a day and either do 8 oz 3x/day or 4oz/6 times a day. If you are feeling hungry maybe you should try small but more frequent amounts. Are you drinking plenty of other liquids? That may influence it as well. Most of all try to stay busy - keep you mind off eating. I've had visitors each day while my husband is working. This way, I don't have time to think about food deprivation. Good Luck - I wish you the best.
coffeegirl
on 2/13/07 8:28 am - somewhere, MA
Hi Jennifer, Welcome to the loosers bench!!!!!! I had lap rny on 2/2/07, luckilly I have not felt hunger pains. I have had head hunger but I am not actually hungry. I have an 8 &9 year old daughters that I prepare meals for and honestly it is O.K. Just look at these first few weeks as a prescription from the doc. MGH suggested 24oz of clear and 24OZ of full liquids daily. I have been spacing the full out throughout the day. Hope I have helped some. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views