Dr. Shelia Partridge

Katie R.
on 2/10/07 3:12 am - Marlborough, MA
has anyone gone through NWH and had Dr. Partridge.... just wondering what to expect during my nitial consult... is she nice? etc...etc... Thanks Katie
KatKat
on 2/10/07 8:54 am
Hi Katie, I have Dr. P. I haven't had surgery yet but went to my consult in Nov. and had another appt. in Dec. You spend much of the 4 hours with others.... nurse, psychologist, nutritionist. And you spend a bit of time in between waiting. When you do finally get to Dr. P she has spoken to the others about what you've said to them. I think she is nice, but not overly warm and fuzzy. She is direct, to the point and very professional. But I would not say she has a bad bedside manner. I wasn't sure which surgeon to request so I picked her because she did my new patient orientation meeting. I met Dr. Gazmuri at another meeting and asked him if a certain personality worked better with one surgeon over another and he said that when you choose a surgeon, whether it's him or Dr P, you are really choosing the practice. They actually do the surgeries together and if you have a problem down the road, you will get whoever is on duty. Turns out Dr P got caught up in a surgery when I had an appt in Jan. so I ended up seeing Dr. Gazmuri. I liked him alot too. I feel good about being in their hands. They are strict about changing your habits and not gaining weight, and can be downright stern about it.... which tells me they have my best interests at heart. I am sure all will go well! Good luck. Kathleen
Katie R.
on 2/10/07 10:28 pm - Marlborough, MA
Thanks so much kathleen.... that helps alot.... im just so nervous.... i want to be approved and get a date already lol ive been looking into wls for like 2 years now.... im ready to be on the losing side of this long journey now....
Cher B.
on 2/11/07 11:50 am - MA
Hey Katie, When is your consult scheduled? Don't be nervous, the folks in the office are all so nice and everyone chats with one another in the waiting room. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. ~Cher
Katie R.
on 2/12/07 1:10 am - Marlborough, MA
My consult is on the 14th valentines day.... ha... hopefully a day of good luck... except we have a huuge storm coming and i hate driving in the snow...
John_C
on 2/15/07 2:22 am - Franklin, MA
I had Dr Partridge for my surgery on December 18, I'm down almost 80 lbs. At NWH it really doesn't matter which surgeon you choose because they assist on each others surgeries. I think I saw Dr Gazmuri as much as I saw Dr Partridge. If you stick to the program in the green book you'll do great.
Katie R.
on 2/15/07 11:16 pm - Marlborough, MA
Wow congrats on 80lbs down.... I'd be soo happy with that gone... I've read the green book from cover to cover... alot of good info.... I hope i am as succesful as you have been.... I'll definately be sticking to the program... look at whats its done for you....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views