constipation

Jeanette P.
on 2/9/07 2:23 am - Hyannis, MA
I feel so funny asking something like this, but I have a hard time going. Does anyone else have this?? And what works that we can take???
jereyes
on 2/9/07 4:00 am - Tyngsboro, MA
No question is silly to ask. I had this problem ealy on after surgery due to not drinking enough. It is very common with people who have had WLS. You can buy Colace over the counter. I was given the perscripion after surgery. I was told never to take a laxative but can use stool softeners. I also changed my calcium from viatic to caltrate which really helped. If all else fails call your surgeon to see what he/she reccommends. It can be a very uncomfortable feeling. Don't let go for too long. Good Luck! Janet
Trish S.
on 2/10/07 4:01 am - Plymouth, MA
Hi Jeanette, I had this problem after surgery and was drinking tons of water - still not much luck. I was advised (by someone on these boards) to try Smooth Move Tea - you can purchase it at GNC. I checked with my Surgeon's office - and they were ok with it as long as I used it only when needed. I works overnight and I find I only need to use it once or twice a week - or just as needed! Check with your Dr. then give it a try. It comes in herbal or chocolate - I drink it black, doesn't taste bad. Good luck. Trish S.
roberta J.
on 2/12/07 7:33 pm - easton, MA
I also have had this problem. My Nut told me to try Benefiber chewable tablets. I chew 2 before bedtime, and I usually go in the morning. Roberta
mrstmc1958
on 2/13/07 9:39 am - Worcester County, MA
A glass of warm water with a few squeezes of fresh lemon works for me each morning and it's not bad tasting.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views