05.07.07-I have a date!

Cher B.
on 2/6/07 8:40 am - MA
Hey everyone, Great news..I got my date in the mail today along with pre-testing and pre-op diet instructions! Is it fair to believe that means I was approved by insurance as well? I will call the surgeon's office and I can call BCBS tomorrow to confirm but I am hoping they wouldn't tease me with a date until the approval came through. You all are the first to hear the news aside from my parents. Yikes, I have to figure out what to tell work and when. Wahoo! ~Cher
fooseberry
on 2/6/07 9:18 am - E Falmouth, MA
My surgeon would not give a date until insurance approved it. So hopefully that means you are good to go. Best of luck, jennifer
KatKat
on 2/6/07 9:23 am
Hey Cher, Great news. How exciting! I hope this means insurance is approved. I got my approval letter from insurance a few days after I got the info from Renee... I think she submits it to insurance when she fills out that form (I think this because I believe the date on my insurance letter was the date that I spoke to Renee- she gave me my dates over the phone). Did you have any luck getting Sox tickets this year? It must have been tough not knowing when your surgery would be. I was online for 12 hours the day they went on sale and after all that I only got 2 upper bleacher seats for a game against Cleveland! Let me know what happens with the insurance. Oh, and a tip... try not to gain an ounce between now and surgery date... I was given my date in Dec., went back in Jan and had gained almost 4 lbs and am now frantically trying to lose it.... they were NOT happy. Kathleen
Cher B.
on 2/7/07 8:06 am - MA
Hey Kathleen, Yeah hopefully the insurance part is fine. I picked up the phone to call today and someone came into the office when I was in the middle of dialing. It is so hard to make a private call during the work day. The virtual waiting room did not treat me well either. I did end up getting standing room pavillion to some games. The first game I have is May 29, so I am trying to figure out how that will be three weeks after surgery. I'll have to try and get some bleacher seats for late summer to see what it is like to go to Fenway and be comfortable in the bleachers! They release more tickets here and there throughout the season so there is still a chance for more. I'm an inch shorter than I thought and as a result my BMI was higher than I thought. That bummed me out a bit so I have been working to get the BMI and weight down a bit for my next visit. Good luck with knocking off those four pounds. Keep in touch and let me know how it is going. ~Cher
vavouna
on 2/7/07 4:11 am - revere, MA
I so happy for you Cher!!!! Good luck....and I hope I'm right behind you!
Cher B.
on 2/7/07 8:07 am - MA
Thanks Marie. Hope you get your date soon as well!
Clare C.
on 2/11/07 2:48 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Cher, Congratulations on a date and approval. One of the things I can't wait do after surgery is go to a Red Sox game and fit comfortably in a seat. Last time I went to a game my left hip was so black and blue it was awful. Good luck. Clare
Cher B.
on 2/11/07 11:48 am - MA
Thanks Clare! Keep in touch and let me know how things are going. You are almost to the loser's bench.
John_C
on 2/15/07 2:44 am - Franklin, MA
Cher, I think it's safe to say you've been approved by the insurance company. When I got my date I went in the next day an explained to my boss what I was doing and why I was doing it. I also gave him the dates for preop appts. He was fine with it and everyone else I worked with, although a bit concerned, are still extremely supportive. Also ignore negative feedback I had people ( relative mostly) telling me I was crazy to have the surgery right up to the day before surgery. Like any news story people hear what they want to hear and the court case with Charlie Weiss doesn't help. I'll see you at the meetings Good Luck John
Cher B.
on 2/20/07 12:55 am - MA
Hey John, I'm leaning toward telling work that I am having surgery and not specifying what kind at this point. I might eventually change my mind but I kind of don't report directly to anyone since my manager left and it is all craziness. We'll see. Agreed that the Charlie Weiss case does not help. The fact that Tom Brady went and testified made it impossible that the case would fly under the radar of my friends...hopefully they will get distracted with the fact that Tom is going to be a Dad. I'll be at the meeting tonight...hope to see you there. ~Cher
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views