Looking for some last minute support

fooseberry
on 2/3/07 12:02 pm - E Falmouth, MA
I am scheduled for Wednesday. I have been eating off track - Not crazy off track but eating things I won't be able to after. Last night some Enchaladas , Birthday cake Friday, ect. I am still drinking the water and protein shakes for breakfast. I am looking for some words of support or really a kick in the butt. Thanks , Jennifer
April R.
on 2/4/07 12:24 am - plymouth, MA
Hello fellow Cape Codder.. I'm here just to give you a little pre-op advice.. as you asked.. If your surgery is on Wednesday then you should basically have your "last supper" this evening and try to forget about your recent behavior. If you must eat.. at least savor and enjoy your meal to the fullest and whatever you do.. PLEASE DON"T BERATE YOURSELF OR FEEL GUILTY!!! The whole point of WLS is to stop with all that perfection and scolding yourself thinking shtuff.. it is now time to start with the realities of thinking about progress and forgiving yourself. WLS will help you do that.. it's so exciting!!! I just suggest that you stick to liquids for the next 2 days as you will surely regret it if you don't. Basically anything you eat has to be routed back out of your body by the time of your surgery.. and unless you are a fan of uncontrollable poop flying out of your bottom at any moment's notice then go ahead and eat.. hehe My program basically said I could eat up until the morning before.. and then we had to take a Feet to purge our bowels. I actually followed all the rules and did well but the fleet part was a total nightmare and was basically still working 3-4 days after I had the surgery. the only I would change about the days before surgery would have been to drink all liquids as the gas and poop wouldn't of been as atrocious.. anyhoo.. I hope I scared you!! muhahaha hehe.. Let me know if you have any questions.. good luck!!! April R
marieh
on 2/5/07 11:25 am - So. Easton, MA
Hell and damnation you sure scared ME...and I don't have my date yet!!! Marie
Julie ~
on 2/6/07 8:31 am
NicoleC
on 2/4/07 3:49 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Hi Jennifer, Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I am 6 months out of surgery and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. My suggestion to you would be to start taking it easy on the fatty foods starting now. My surgeon warned me that if my liver was too enlarged from lots of fatty foods that he would have to switch to open surgery. I could eat all the way until the night before my surgery. He suggested a salad, chicken and some fruit. I had no prep what so ever and never had a problem. Try to take it easy and do something nice for yourself like get a facial or massage on monday or tuesday. You are going to do great! I was surprised at how quickly I was up and around after surgery. And just FYI, I eat enchiladas now without a problem. You will be able to have them again, it will just be a while. Say goodbye to sugar though. I thought I would have a problem with no sugar but I don't. It feels so much better to be 100 pounds lighter than any birthday cake ever tasted. BTW I have an AVA too! She will be 4 at the end of this month. Ava's are great but extemely independent so watch out! A funny story about my girls is that they don't see my weight loss at all. My older daughter is 6 and you could hold a before pic of me up to her and ask her if she sees a difference and she doesn't. I ope that means that they have good body images. Good luck to you!!!! Nicole
Lori D.
on 2/4/07 6:56 pm - Chelsea, MA
Jennifer, I had my surgery on Thursday (2/1) - I was told to only have liquids the day before, however I cheated a bit - I had a few munchins but was good the rest of the day. If you'd like to know the experience I have had so far after surgery, feel free to ask. Good luck and you'll do fine! Lori
jereyes
on 2/5/07 4:46 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Jennifer First of all congratulations on your up coming surgery. I had surgery on a Monday and had my last supper the Saturday night before. My family and I went to Chilli's. Try to take it easy, you will probably be able to eat your some of your favorite foods just in much smaller quantities. I still eat soft shell tacos, pasta, rice, pizza ect... but in very small amounts. To celebrate birthdays I eat 1-2 small bites of cake and thats it because I do dump on high sugar and fat foods. I was able to eat till midnight before surgery. I had not preping to do before surgery and I had open RNY. Good Luck on Wednesday.
Cher B.
on 2/6/07 8:34 am - MA
Hi Jennifer, That was the closest I could find to a kick in the butt smiley! Best wishes for you surgery tomorrow and congrats! Check in when you can to let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Cher
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views