please help me get through

Jeanette P.
on 1/28/07 4:00 am - Hyannis, MA
I am almost 2 weeks post op and everything has gone well. My only problem is that I've had enough of everything I've slurped down!! I can start eating food on Wednesday, but I'm having a hard time putting anything in my mouth right now. Does anyone have suggestions??? Jeanette
coffeegirl
on 1/28/07 7:13 am - somewhere, MA
Janette, Sorry you are having a hard time, I can not offer any advice as I am scheduled for Friday. I just wanted to let you know that I will keep you in my prayers and this shall pass. Hang in there. Linda
sweetroses
on 1/28/07 9:59 am - Somewhere in, MA
Hi Jeanette...Try some mash potato or butternut squash they were pretty good to me when I moved to the next stage.
Stellabella
on 1/28/07 8:59 pm
Hi It would depend on which program you are in and their diet progression. Look at the diet progression for the next stage and pick out some of the softer, more mushy foods and add one or two in. For instance, if yogurt was on the next stage, go for that. Cont with pro shakes though! Also, try some chicken broth with egg white or FF cream of tomato soup made with milk, those are nice taste changes Stella
Joanne N.
on 1/29/07 12:19 am
Hi Jeanette, You and I had surgery on the same day. I was cleared to start some soft foods last Wednesday. Up until then I had been drinking Carnation Instant Breakfast-Strawberry which was good. Since then I've tried: scrambled egg 2 saltines with onion cottage cheese on it. chicken soup broiled haddock SF vanilla pudding crab Everything went down and stayed down fine! Good Luck xo Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views