10 days out-Incision Question

Joanne N.
on 1/25/07 9:53 pm
Hi, I haven't had any drainage from my incision at all until last night. It is draining about an inch from the top. I had put a bandaid over it last night before I went to bed and woke up with it all wet........gross! It's kinda and orange color. This morning I put a guaze pad over it and it was soaked within a half hour. I called Dr. Randall and he told me to just keep changing the dressing, that it was more of a nuisance than anything and call him back if it became "sunburned" looking. Of course, he's not in his office today or I would have asked him to take a quick look. I also called Lorraine at 10:45 last night to ask her about it since I know this happened to her. Has this happened to anyone else, if so, would me sitting on my butt all day help slow the draining? How long does it last? Right now I have a sanitary napkin taped over it. Help! xo JOanne
RITA32
on 1/25/07 10:13 pm - Stoneham, MA
Oh Joanne, This really is nothing it's just melted tissue and fat. I had this happen after I had breast surgery.....It's hard to tell how long it will last , usually just a few days but just think of it as the fat melting off your body..It won't make much difference whether you are active or not... this is internal workings, you really want this to drain out and not stay inside and fester and become infected...so just drip, drip away. Be thankful you're home today it really is coldddd outside Talk to you later Rita
Joanne N.
on 1/25/07 11:50 pm
Thanks Rita! It's so yucky! It has already leaked thru the pad. How silly to have a pad taped to your tummy. I know that when this happened to Lorraine that Dr. Randall put a wick in her and I don't want that! As long as it's normal, I'll stick it out. Dr. Randall told me to call back if it looked sunburned. See you soon. xo Joanne
txbunny930
on 1/26/07 2:23 am - MA
Hi Joanne: I don't think being active has anything to do with it draining. The color you're describing is the fat melting. Since this is the weakest part of your body right now, this is where it's going to drain from. I just became so annoyed with it and it scared me that I had Dr. Randall look at it. Of course he had to poke around at it and why the wick situation. If I just did what you did, I think I would have been ok. Being that it was Christmas holiday, I didn't want to take any chances. Ya, I'm a worry wart.... lol You really are doing wonderful. The pad thing is kinda funny. I grabbed a package w/o looking and the darn thing had wings on them. Talk about looking funny. It's been over 20 years since I had to use any monthly product and had no idea wings existed..... lol You can tell my daughter buys her own special need products. So let it drain away as you melt way. Stay in the house and stay warm. I'll call you later and check on you. xoxoxo Lorraine
DDBEAR458
on 1/26/07 7:34 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi joanne, just a question. did you have open ryn? i had lap ryn and will that happen to me? i lost 9 pounds on my first follow up. it is exciting. its 9 pounds i've never been really able to lose. Good luck.
TERESAO
on 1/26/07 1:36 pm
Hi Joanne, I think this is normal because I have had 3 C-Sections and with 2 of them I had the same thing happen. I got drainage and the dr told me this is liquid fat. I think it can happen with any kind of surgury. Hope your feeling better. Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views