Lahey/burlington

PatsyCrowley
on 1/22/07 12:00 pm - peterborough, NH
I am scheduled for my surgery on Feb 5th at Lahey burlington. My surgeon is Dr Naponashy. I was looking to hear if anyone else has had that surgeon or had the surgery at the hospital.
Peridot
on 1/22/07 9:34 pm - Somerville, MA
No I have never heard of him but I'm right down the street if you need anything. I'm serious, send me an email if you need even a chapstick. Peridot
PatsyCrowley
on 1/22/07 9:48 pm - peterborough, NH
That's great to know Thank you!!!!
honeymoo
on 1/22/07 11:05 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Didn't have that surgeon or hospital just wanted to wish you luck and say Congratulations Gwen
skinnycat
on 1/24/07 12:35 am - Peabody, MA
Hi, I had surgery back in April at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington. Since surgery I have lost 45 lbs and I did have a hard time with sweets on the holidays. I am back on track now. I did have Dr Naponishay as my surgeon and Pam O'Brien as my nurse practitioner. She is wonderful. As a matter of fact, I am seeing her on Fri for a follow up. I think next Wed 1/31 will be my fifth fill. I can honestly say that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. The weight comes off slower than the bypass but I chose not to get all cut up inside. If you want to contact me to talk e mail me at [email protected] Good Luck, you will not have any problems. I stayed overnight and went home the next day and on my feet in no time at all. Donna (skinnycat)
skinnycat
on 1/24/07 12:37 am - Peabody, MA
Hi Again, I had the lap band. I notice you are having the bypass. You will have a longer stay in the hospital and lose weight faster. Good luck Donna
TLane
on 1/25/07 2:32 am
Hi Patsy, My husband had his RNY at Lahey on January 4th (3 weeks ago today!). His surgeon is Dr. Brams. I attended some of his appointments and was able to meet the nurse practitioner, Pam O'Brien and the nutritionist, Leslie. I think he received excellent care during the entire process. They are very thorough and caring. He had a great hospital stay as well. The inpatient nurses seemed experienced in dealing with WLS patients and were extremely nice. As I mentioned, my husband had the surgery, but I come to the boards occasionally to find ways to help support him. In my opinion, you are in good hands at Lahey. Good luck with your journey.
Bariatric Bella
on 1/25/07 6:41 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Hey Patsy I am Amy I had my RNY in California but just moved to MA and have the same Doctor for my maintance checks now. I am 15 months out now and doing well. Before surgeyr I was 390lbs Time of surgery 304lbs Currently 208lbs For a normal BMI 160-180lbs BUt i am healthy and feel good.
PatsyCrowley
on 1/25/07 10:07 am - peterborough, NH
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I have really liked everyone at Lahey and I think I will do well with it!!! I am so excited!!!
Lori D.
on 2/4/07 7:08 pm - Chelsea, MA
Patsy I just had my surgery at Lahey on 2/1 - the staff is wonderful. I had Dr. Brams and he was great. The nurses I had on 7E were great to me - do not worry about being a bother to them - its their job and they'll do anything to assist you. There is another RN - Corrine - she works with Pam and the doctors and is great a well as all the staff at WLS in Lahey! If you have any other questions, don't hesistate to ask Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views