New Protein Water?

sbard
on 1/22/07 1:57 am - west brookfield, MA
Hi I came across a new protein water- Kelloggs Special K2O. It comes in lemonade, tropical blend and strawberry kiwi flavors. It has 5g of protein and 50 calories in each 16 oz bottle . I bought it at Walmart in Sturbridge & Oxford. It costs $1.50 each or a four-pack for $4.63. I found it in the water area and the aisle with the protein bars in the health section. Has anyone else tried it? I have tried the tropical and it tastes like fruit punch and the strawberry tastes and smells like jello. Not bad and for people who need an extra few grams of daily protein, this might help! Just an FYI Sue
stephanie1977
on 1/22/07 9:30 pm - Roxbury, MA
We talked about this water at our support meeting last week. Becarful of the sugar content. It has 8 grams of sugar in one serving and there are 2 servings in a container. It also has 50 calories in a serving. Why would you want 100 extra calories per day for drinking water? I am not going to try it because I am afraid of dumping on the sugar content. Some people had tried it and liked it and some people didn't like it at all. So use your own judgement. Good Luck Stephanie
Lori D.
on 2/4/07 7:11 pm - Chelsea, MA
Sue, I'm actually using a product from Smartforme - its powder and just add 6-8 oz of water. It's 15g of Protein and recommended by my nutritionist. Of all the protein drinks I've had so far, I like these the best. You can look on their web site www.smartforme.com - they offer discounts as well. Good luck! Lori
rockinred
on 2/10/07 3:13 am - Boston, MA
I agree with the others, there's way too much sugar to make it worth the minimal protein IMHO. You're better off mixing a little Synthrax Nectar protein in with some Crystal Light...even MORE protein and NONE of the sugar! Btw, if you like that jello taste, check out New Whey protein bullets. They're only 3 oz. (with either 25g or 42g of protein depending on which type you get) and they taste like liquid jello. Again, much more protein without any of the sugar.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views