Does anyone go to Beth Israel Boston?

Clare C.
on 1/21/07 10:03 pm - North Andover, MA
Hi, I am going to have my surgery at BID and was wondering if anyone else goes there? Like to chat about it. Thanks, Clare
JKap
on 1/22/07 12:43 am - Newton, MA
HI Clare- I had RNY at BI in November. I have only positives to share. The Drs are great as are the nutritionists. I am happy to talk with you more about it. Ask any questions you have...Joy
Clare C.
on 1/22/07 1:21 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Joy, Thanks for responding. How did your RNY go? How are you doing? Anything that you can tell me would be helpful. I am meeting with Dr. Schneider on Thursday and will get my date. I am so excited. I just thought it would be nice to meet other people that have had their RNY at BID. I am going to go to the Post-op workshops as well. Thanks again, Clare
JKap
on 1/22/07 4:09 am - Newton, MA
Hi Clare- I had a laproscopic RNY and it went well. Hardly any pain once I was home from the hospital. The hardest part has been adjusting to never feeling hungry and eating such a tiny amounts at meals. I still have trouble with "real" foods like chicken, fish and beef and tend to stick with tuna and soup which go down easily for some reason. I struggle to get in my protein every day, but feel great. I have lost 60 pounds in 11 weeks, though I have 100ish to go, my energy is better, I sleep better, and clothes are beginning to feel too big! I used Dr Jones, but Dr Schneider checked in with me in the hsopital and was also really nice. Let me know when your date is and we'll kepp up the correspondence...Good luck! Joy
Clare C.
on 1/22/07 4:40 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Joy, Wow you have done well in 11 weeks. Congratulations. I will let you know when my date is. Clare
Lynn C
on 1/24/07 10:25 am
Hi Clare - I had lap band done at BIDMC on 9/12/05. I would highly recomend their program - it is comprehensive and very supportive. Good luck!
Clare C.
on 1/26/07 11:26 pm - North Andover, MA
Hi Lynn, I have a surgery date for March 5th for the RNY but now I am scared. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and my RA can cause infections and my surgeon is nervous about that. He wants to talk to my Rheumy so I was so up for the surgery now I am down. I know people go through this. Clare
Lynn C
on 1/27/07 5:52 am
I don't know a lot about RA but lap surgery is such an improvement over the old open methods. With the lap band the healing is much easier because you are just concerned with the small lap incisions. With the RNY your main concern will be the staple line on the pouch and intestine. That needs to heal securely to prevent serious infections but all of the doctors at BIDMC are first class. If they feel that your risk with the RNY is low than I would trust them - if they think it is to high than maybe looking into other less invasive surgery options would be something that you could do. I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery - cant wait to see you on the losing side!!
Clare C.
on 1/27/07 5:56 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Lynn, Thank you... I can't wait to be on the losing side. You are right about the doctors at BIDMC. I do trust them and I will consider all options. Chat soon, Clare
Berry1110
on 1/26/07 4:13 am - Plymouth, MA
HI Clare, I have been going to BID. I had my ultrasound yesterday and I have my psyc and nutritionist appointment this Monday. When are you having your surgery? Sherri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views