help finding a mental health provider before surgery

dmh736
on 1/20/07 7:35 am
treating with dr randall. neither of the mental hlth providers associated with him take my insurance. have to find someone on my own. i don't want to just pick someone out of phonebook. any recommendations? i live north of boston
txbunny930
on 1/20/07 12:36 pm - MA
Find out who your insurance does cover and ask Dr. Randall if he has had any dealings with them. Also run the names by your PCP. Hope this helps. I paid out of pocket to see Dr. Crump.
dmh736
on 1/21/07 9:16 am
Thanks for responding. I have been trying to get input from my pcp but she has not called me back yet. I was thinking of paying out of pocket too since this is the only obstacle I have right now to having the surgery. Of course it depends on the cost.
jereyes
on 1/20/07 9:35 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I was in the same situation as you. Dr. Crump didn't except my insurance at the time, I was going to be self pay but I knew with my insurance i would have had to seen her at least three times. I ended up going to Merrimack Family Couseling in Nashua N.H. I beleive his name was Dr. Flynn who specializes in WLS pateints mainly at a different office but I saw him in Nashua N.H. His number is (603) 888-4347. I tried to go through my insurance book and most people had no idea what I was talking about. Dr. Flynn served the purpose. Good Luck!
dmh736
on 1/21/07 9:18 am
Thank you.
Julie ~
on 1/21/07 3:33 am
dmh736
on 1/21/07 9:19 am
Thanks for the info. It does help.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views