Not allowed to take the pill???

fooseberry
on 1/19/07 3:39 pm - E Falmouth, MA
I went for my medical clearance appointment Thursday. The Dr( not my surgeon) asked me when I was getting off the pill. I asked why and he said my doctor, Dr Kruger, usually wants you to get off the pill. I know we are not supposed to get PG so I assumed I could stay on it. Anyone ever hear of this?? Thanks Jennifer Surgery 2/7
KatKat
on 1/19/07 11:01 pm
Jennifer, You need to stop taking it in the month prior to surgery because it raises the risk for blood clots. After surgery you can start taking it again. Kathleen
courtneymariah
on 1/21/07 7:56 am - Gill, MA
You may want to look into a contraceptive that is not taken orally because you will not be absorbing everything with the RNY. Many people have become pregnant this way. ~Courtney
Bariatric Bella
on 1/25/07 6:44 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Hey Jennifer yeah a person is suppose to stop taking the pill due to the increase in the clotting fact. But after the surgery there are other methods out there now. Ther eis the patch but I use the Nuva ring it is easy 3 weeks in 1 week out and then put on in again. My husband said that he doesnt mind it either. He said it doesnt take anything away from it either. So that might be somethign to consider. I know that my skin adn body moisture ahas changed since I had surgery I am alot more dry everywhere. The ring has helped with that as well. Its somethign to consider. Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views