im home

DDBEAR458
on 1/19/07 1:08 am - WORCESTER, MA
ok so i just got home after a 4 day stay at the hospital. im very weepy and wonder if i made a mistake. i had so much gas pain that i thought it would never go away. i dont have pain right now, just a little scared. is this normal? i have to charge my comuter so i'll talk later.
Brenda T.
on 1/19/07 1:27 am - MA
OHHH Deirdre Yes its so normal.. The gas pains are the worse.. The best thing you can do is walk , walk, walk and they will go away.. Dont be scared you will be fine.. I always say that your frame of mind is a huge deal in this whole jouney.. so pick yourself up my dear and remember why you did this and start moving and you will feel better soon...
Cher B.
on 1/19/07 5:23 am - MA
Hi Deirdre, Glad to hear you are home. Hang in there! Hope you are feeling on track soon.
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/07 5:55 am - Zimbabwe
Hey sweetie!!! I signed on this AM just to check on you. I responded to this, but it never posted. Anyway, just wanted to send you a big hug and let you know I'm here for you. Email me anytime! Congratulations!
~ Stylz ~
on 1/20/07 9:27 am - North of Boston, MA
Deirdre gas pains are normal unfortunately, but they WILL go away. The reason for gas pains is air is put inside of you during surgery to make sure you don't have any leaks before they close you up. I didn't have gas pains until I got home. I posted on the board about them and someone told me that I should lay down on the floor (on my back) and slowly rock from one side to another. It was the best advice I've gotten on here!! Gas pains started Thursday afternoon, Saturday I woke up feeling like I didn't have surgery (felt that good)! You might also want to call your dr.'s office and ask if you can take gas-x chewables. I was allowed to let them dissolve in my mouth after surgery, they were a godsend!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views