great show!

vavouna
on 1/10/07 9:51 pm - revere, MA
Recently, I have discovered this great show that comes on in the morning at around 6:30 a.m. It's on the discovery health channel and it's called "I lost it." I get so inspired by all the success stories and it only motivates me more to do this surgery so that I can also experience happiness within myself. People who are not overweight or struggle with weight issues have no clue to the torment that we feel inside each and everyday. I have been getting a lot of negative comments from people when I tell them that I plan on having this surgery....they say "why"? Your don't need it...you can diet on your own and lose it...I wouldn't do it if I were you...you will regret it. So...I've decided to stop telling people and trying to justify such a personal issue. It's because I CAN"t do it on my own..I've tried so many times and failed....I need this WLS as a tool to help guide me into learning how to maintain a healthy weight by eating less and making the right food choices. Will I get the added benefit of looking better...YES....and I really look forward to that too. I look forward to reaching into my closet and pulling out a nice outfit and just slipping it on and then looking into the mirror and say..."not bad"....I hate trying to wear big clothes and wearing the same thing over and over and not feeling good about myself. I'm tired of being tired...huffing and puffing after climbing just a few set of stairs. Tired of trying to read people's mind about what they are thinking when I walk by. It's a lot of work mentally...physically and emotionally to be overweight. There is this commercial that I really relate to. I'm not sure what the product they are advertising, but it's a lady that has a scale tied around her ankle everywhere she goes. That's me...every waking day I think about my weight and for once....I do see a light at the end of the tunnel and look forward to the day when I can write you guys with those to fabulous words...I"M APPROVED......This will be a beginning of a wonderful journey for me and a new life.....My surgery date will be known as my second birthday....because that is the day that I will be free! Thank you for listening.
jereyes
on 1/10/07 10:53 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
I totallyn relate to you. I had surgery almost 14 months ago and it is the best desicion I could have made for myself. I also had mixed reactions when I told people that I was going through the surgery. The people who judged me were the ones that did not know much about the surgery such as my mother and a close co-worker who is heavy herself. All of my clse friends and husband were behind me 100%. I feel much better and look much better. The only down fall that i was not ready for is the excess skin. I didn't think I would have had as much due to I have been overweight for about 8-10 before surgery, it hadn't been all my life. I have lost more weight than I expected and I wouldn't change what i did in a heart beat. I hope you get your approval date soon. When I got my date I had such mixed emotions of excitment and being nervous of will I succeed at this. I also enjoy the show I LOst It due to many of them went through WLS as well. It is amazing to see these people transform into a new person. Good Luck!
Clare C.
on 1/11/07 12:24 am - North Andover, MA
Hi Marie, I feel the exact way that you do. All my life I have struggled with weight. The year 2007 I call the year about Clare. I have to stop worrying about what other people think or going or say. My husband knows the WLS is what I want and will stand behind me all the way, everyone else around I get mixed emotions. I know that very few of my friends are excited for me and I think that others are a little jealous of the fact that I might look better then them. You know what who cares what other people think. You are the one that needs to be happy. Having WLS is not a cop out. It is a helping tool. Good luck on your journey and wishing you in advance a Happy Second Birthday. By the way, I meet with my surgeon on the Jan. 25th and will get a date then. I hope to have my surgery in the middle of Feb. I can't wait. Clare
vavouna
on 1/11/07 12:59 am - revere, MA
I wish you the VERY best in your surgery and I hope all goes well for you....WATCH OUT WORLD.....HERE COMES CLARE!!!! LOL!!!!! Which surgery are you having?
Clare C.
on 1/11/07 2:57 am - North Andover, MA
Thank You! I am going to have the lap RNY at Beth Israel Hospital Boston...Where are you having yours done?
vavouna
on 1/11/07 3:58 am - revere, MA
Hopefully I will get approved for St Elizabeth's in Brighton.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views