weight loss stand still

SallyCharlton
on 1/8/07 3:41 am - MA
HI, This site was recommended at a support group I attended last month. I am ten weeks post-op and have had at least 3 weeks at varying times where I did not lose any weight, even though I am following the diet AND exercising at least one mile 3-5 times per week. I was shocked the first time this happened and I wanted to know if this is common? The nutritionist said not to worry about it, but after all I went through with surgery and the restrictions I am encountering, I didn't like the "don't worry about it" answer that I got. Any ideas? thanks
shadylady896
on 1/8/07 9:09 am - brewster, MA
Hi, I am 8 weeks post-op tomorrow and have just gotten past my second stall. The first happened at about 2 1/2 weeks out and lasted about 10 days. This last one lasted about 12 days. It is truly frustrating but please be assured that it happens to everyone and will happen many more times before we get to where we want to be. It is our body's way of adjusting to the little amounts of food we are eating. It just has to slow down the weight loss and catch up every now and then. A good thing that someone suggested to me to do during this last stall was to measure myself. I had taken measurements when I began this journey in July but hadn't since. Well, wasn't I surprised when I measured and I had lost a total of about 20 inches to date!!! I knew my clothes were way loose but I felt sooooo much better after that!! So your NUT was right.....don't worry about it....the weight will come off again! Good luck! Melinda
Kerry H.
on 1/11/07 10:17 am - Worcester, MA
Hi Sally, My surgery was 8/24/06. I have not lost anything in the past month. I feel like my body is just catching up with its self. This has been VERY FRUSTRATING. I hear it is normal and that we have to not compare ourselves. It is hard. Just stay positive and look at the other changes instead on the weight loss. Kerry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views