Hi, new here and just have some questions.

lisa06810
on 1/7/07 4:14 am - NH
Revision on 04/12/14 with
Hi, I was hoping someone could help/give some info. I am in NH and don't have a local hospital that does wls. I have to travel about 1 1/2 hrs to get to Baystate Med Center, and have somewhat started the process there. Has anyone had their surgery there? I don't see many posters that have, but thought I would ask to see how it went. I am also going to check into the program at Newton Wellesly Hospital since I grew up about 2-3 miles from there, and still have family in the area. I searched their website but couldn't find any info on their program. Does anyone have a link? I am happy with how it's going at Baystate, but am just looking at options. Thanks for any input you guys can give. Lisa
Cher B.
on 1/7/07 6:59 am - MA
Hi Lisa, Here is the link for NWH: http://www.newtonwellesleywls.com/content/16.htm I am still fairly early on in the process to get approved but so far my experience with NWH has been very good. There a quite a few folks on this board who have had surgery there and hearing such good feedback about the program & surgeions from them has really reinforced my decision to go with NWH. I can't speak about Baystate but take some tme and look at the surgeon profiles on this site. Good luck in your journey
jrobichaud
on 1/7/07 9:00 am - Pepperell, MA
Hello Lisa, I am almost 6 weeks post op from Newton Wellesly and cant say a bad thing about them. The whole staff has been amazing. Joshua
mummadukes
on 1/8/07 1:24 am - On the Beach, WA
Hi Lisa, I would highly recommend the program at Lowell General Hospital. Dr. Shore is wonderful and the staff is fabulous. Let me know if you need more info. Mumma
vmelendez35
on 1/9/07 11:21 am
I'm at Baystate and the experience has been good so far. I'm scheduled for lap band surgery on the 22nd. I am nervious, but I am ready..The liquid portion of the diet hasn't been too bad so far (3 days in) there is a lap band support group tomorrow. It takes me about 45 min to get to Baystate. So far so good..Hope this helps Vinnie
lisa06810
on 1/11/07 10:00 am - NH
Revision on 04/12/14 with
Thank you Cher, Joshua, Mumma and Vinny. I have my appt at Baystate on 1/24 and I think I am going to stay with that. It seems NWH doesn't do lapband, or not that I could tell from their website, and Lowell is so so far away from me. I have a 2 year old daughter and DH has to be able to get back and forth, both days and I want to make it easier for him (and her too). Vinny, how is the pre op diet? What do you drink/eat? For how long? I know I was told this at the first intro meeting, but it was a while ago, and I was still checking out different hospitals so I had so much to remember. I live in NH so I will be going to the support group in Greenfield, in about 2 weeks. Good luck to you. And thank you all for your comments/advice. Lisa
vmelendez35
on 1/19/07 7:09 am
Thanks for getting back to me. I just got this post. Something might be wrong with my email. Well I'm two weeks into the liquid diet my surgery is on Monday. I feel great and I'm ready to be on the other side of this process. Diet hasn't been too bad, but it will be nice to have solids sometime soon. Let me know how your doing..Vinnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views