Plastic surgey ?'s

debro28
on 1/4/07 9:58 am - Chelsea, MA
Happy New Year! my friends. I hope thisw new year brings evryone health, happiness & of course new beautiful bodies... Ok, I know I'm only 5 months post-op but I have a ?'s...I asked my dietician about the plastic surgery but she says they wont cover if I want my arms done, which is ok but how about the breast ( saggy & big ) or the stomach after 2 c-sections and now weight loss not nice, they wont cover it ?? I dont have anyways of affording this on my own but I also hate to think of not been able to finally looking my best with a breast reduction and tummytuck...has anyone had this surgeries covered ? thanks. Deb
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/07 10:29 am
Hi Deb, This is my first time on this site and I spotted your letter. The way I understand it is the insurance co. will only pay for a tummy tuck if there have been infections due to rubbing skin causing a rash. I know someone this happened to and her ins. co. did approve it. You have to keep a record of each time you go to the Drs. and each medication you get to try to clear the infections up. I think it has to go on for a while before the ins. co. is satified that medication will not work. As far as the arms go, if your getting a rash and infections maybe the same will hold true, but I've been told you'll probably have to pay for this one yourself. I know how you feel. I've just past my 7th month anniversary and the sagging skin isn't a pretty site. I have an appt. with my surgeon tomorrow and am going to ask him if I can start using my ab lounger. Intensive exercise may help, but I'd check with your dr. first before you start anything. I've been walking but that doesn't really help the abs or arm area. Even the legs....mine were never big, they looked like chicken legs compared to the rest of me, but now the inside of my thighs are getting quite saggy. I guess we have to pay the price from all those years of over indulgence and stretching our skin. Just focus on how much healthier you are and Good Luck. Estelle
Cas8063
on 1/4/07 12:24 pm - South Windsor, CT
Hey Deb, I am 2 years, 1 month out and just had my PS. there is a Plastic surgery site that is WONDERFUL for post op GB patients... LOTS AND LOTS of good information there, just like this site.. it is part of the whole OH webites.... it is http://obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/posts.html You will love it! Best of luck, Carrie
coffeeboffee
on 1/4/07 6:02 pm
Congradulations Carrie, It is so nice to hear such success stories Kathy
jereyes
on 1/5/07 6:41 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Deb I am about 13 months out and have just started the next phase of my journey which is the plastic surgery. I have been denied 3 times for a tummy tuck by my insurance plan. I am planning on having a lowere body lift and breast lift which I will be an all self pay patient. Some insurance companies will pay for a tummy tuck if rashes and/or infections have occurred and documented by your doctor that you see or if your skin hangs below the pubic area. Again most inurance companies will pay for a breast reduction but not a lift. These procedures needed to be done for medical reasons and not cosmetic reasons. There are many companies that will cover some procedures. When it is time for you to look into plastic surgery contact or health insurance plan or look up on their website to see what is required to to have these procedures covered by insurance. Exercise does help a little bit. I am thin on top and my legs then a have a large ring around my body of skin that needs to be removed so things will fit better and I will feel better about myself. Good Luck!
LostInTheNet
on 1/7/07 6:13 am - Metrowest, MA
I am now 11 mths out and I have just started looking into this myself. I am looking to have a LBL myself. No Breatlift as I am A man. I will be a self pay as I don't believe my INS will cover it and I don't care if they do or not. I will be getting it done regardless. I have the money put aside and unless the stock market colapess competely. I deceided that Since I have lost 262lbs I deserve it. I was going to buy a new Bmw but now have becied to drive the old one for a couple of more years and get a new me. best of luck on your journey. Doug.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views