Questions

mzeveckas
on 1/3/07 1:40 am - pelham, NH
Hi my name is Michele I am new to this . I had Lap band on 10/16/06 . I had my second fill 5 days ago i am pretty restricted now one thing i notice is after i swallow something i have thesenoises coming from my throat i now it sounds weird i don't know if it is air or my body trying to burp has anyone had this! Also i have a strange thing since the surgery I have had pain in my upper left abdomen that goes into my shoulder during the first 3 weeks post op it was agonizing to the point it would make me cry. I have some pain almost every day but not as severe. My surgeon said it is from a nerve of the diaphram that got iirritated during surgery she did a CT scan to make sure everything else was ok and it was neg. Now it it just awaiting game to let the nerve get better has anyone else had this happen ?
Lesliee59
on 1/3/07 10:00 pm - Needham, MA
HI Michelle, I hope you are feeling better. I have never heard of the nerve getting irritated during surgery. It's good that your doctor did a CT scan and found out that everything was fine. I had a lapband in April at NEMC. The noise you hear could be the food slowly going down...is it like a gurgling sound? I get that sometimes with liquids. Leslie
mzeveckas
on 1/4/07 8:51 am - pelham, NH
Hi Leslie, thank for for responding to my question, I had that lovely sound in my throat at lunch today and i was trying to make it go away quickly because i work in a doctors office and i needed to assist one of the doctors i didn't want the patient to wonder what the heck kind of noice was coming from me!Any way i guess that nerve pain i have as i'm finding out is rare i haven't come across anyone else that has had it. Let me tell you it is an awful pain thank god i don't get it as severe as i did in the first three weeks. Take care and thank you again. Michele
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views