mass health patients???? i need advice!

rachaeldstewart
on 1/1/07 2:03 pm - east bridgewater, MA
i have already gone through the wls adventure once just to get denied by insurance back in 2004. now i desperately need this surgery and i don't have insurance. i am considering signing up for masshealth, but i am not sure what they have to say about this surgery, who i would get for a doctor, etc. if you have masshealth or can help, let me know! thanks!
dee2020
on 1/1/07 7:08 pm - boston, MA
i just got the surgery and I have mass health. they pay for it if you are over weight by one hundred pounds and you medicaly need the surgery.they tell you who you can go see. go for it dont give up.
rachaeldstewart
on 1/2/07 12:56 pm - east bridgewater, MA
thanks very much!
DDBEAR458
on 1/1/07 11:21 pm - WORCESTER, MA
hi rachael. i do not have Mass Health but I do work in a hospital. i know of a patient of mine who came in with Mass health and he was approved for Plastic Surgery! this was after his gastric bypass. Mass Health considers Obesity a disability and you can get a Handicap plate. My girlfriend had one. she is now super thin. if you need to know how to get in touch with Mass health., let me know and I can email you their phone number. be prepared to take a half day off just to call them., i hear it can be brutal to call them and get thru. GOOD LUCK AND DON'T GIVE UP! i've been with Newton Wellesly. I love them. the staff NEVER makes you feel like your bothering them and that's extremely important to me.
rachaeldstewart
on 1/2/07 12:56 pm - east bridgewater, MA
thanks!!!
jereyes
on 1/2/07 3:56 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I do not have Mass Health but in my support meetings I have heard many patients state that they have Mass Health and were approved very quickly. I went to Dr. Randall in Medford, Ma. Good Luck and don't give up!
rachaeldstewart
on 1/2/07 12:58 pm - east bridgewater, MA
thanks!!
dee2020
on 1/2/07 7:51 pm - boston, MA
If you quaily for mass health call them today and fill out the application, trust me its worth it. i had my surgery in mass general hospital with matt hutter he is great and his staff is great. they have a weight loss center. There number is 617-7264400 I got approve the next day after they put the paper work in to masshealth. once you get mass health they let you pick a a health plan through mass health for ex like neighborhood health plan. Pick neighborhood they will approve you quickly. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Let me know how it goes.
rachaeldstewart
on 1/2/07 11:26 pm - east bridgewater, MA
thanks so much for the advice! i am not sure if i would pick neighborhood health plan because my pcp doesn't accept it and i really like her. but i might have to! thanks so much!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views