Sabotaging WLS during holidays

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/07 4:15 am - Stoughton, MA
First off, Happy New Year! Secondly.... um... has anyone else out there gained weight?? I am six weeks post-lap band... total weight loss WAS 34lbs... now, it's um... about 30. Yes, I ate to excess. Yes, I drank to excess. Sipping my last glass of champagne as I type this. (I promise, I'm done partying!) My first fill is in two weeks and I hope to lose a few before I step on the evil scale again. Please, oh please someone post back and tell me I'm not the only glutton out there. And, most importantly, I want to read posts from anyone who had a temporary weight gain and then got right back on track. Am I alone?
emme819
on 1/1/07 12:09 pm - Worcester, MA
You are definitely not alone. None of us is perfect. Many, if not most of us, fall off from time to time. My slogan is that it's not so much that I be perfect, but that I get myself back on track again after a slip. I'm human, I eat things I shouldn't from time to time. I'm not proud of it, but I work my butt off to get back on track. You are not alone. Make a plan for what you will eat for the rest of the week and then do your best to stick to it. I bring only the food I need to eat to work with me each day and eat ONLY that food. I weigh and measure out everything. Getting back on track isn't fun, but you can do it! Good luck. Mary Ellen
Lesliee59
on 1/3/07 9:56 pm - Needham, MA
HI Nella, NO ... you are not alone! I got on the scale this morning and have put on a few pounds over the holidays. I am so mad at myself! I have to get back on track today. I had a lapband in April. This is the first time I have put on some weight since I started this journey. I am SO glad the holidays are over, but the problem is I feel like I opened the flood gates by eating sweet fattening things. It's hard to stop once you start. Hang in there! Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views