Newton Wellesly Hospital Questions?!?!

Katie R.
on 12/30/06 9:31 am - Marlborough, MA
I am starting over at NWH since emerson will no longer do my surgery. I attended the info session at NWH in august hopefully that will still count towards my info session, anyways, i was wondering if anyone is going through or has gone through NW and can send me some info as to what to expect what they expect and so forth. does anyone know thier website so i can find out when meetings are??? i tried on newton wellesley hospital but could not find any info. i know they have to have a seperate site. please if anyone could respond i would greatly appreciate it,,, im so upset ive gone throught 5 months at emerson to hear they wont approve me for some stupid reasons, im still not fully aware of. thanks Katie
KatKat
on 12/30/06 10:43 am
Hi Katie, I'm going to Dr. Partridge at NWH. Their website is: http://www.newtonwellesleywls.com/content/16.htm I was also at the new patient orientation in August! So far I have been very pleased with Dr. P and the office. Be warned, however, that the practice is very busy and you may have to wait for an appt. I made my appt for my consult on 8/31 and the first date they had available was 11/22. I probably could have gotten in earlier if I was on a cancellation list but 11/22 was a day off from work for me so I kept that date. Dr. P wasn't happy with the fact that I hadn't really been watching my diet or exercising since the new patient meeting when I saw her on 11/22 so I had to wait ANOTHER month to make some changes and see her again on 12/20. The good news is she was happy with what I had done and gave the OK to schedule the surgery. The bad news is the first available date is March 5. So, I am finally scheduled, but the process for me started back in July/August. I don't think waiting is necessarily a bad thing - it's given me a lot of time to think about this decision - but sometimes it can be frustrating! Good luck! Kathleen
Katie R.
on 12/30/06 11:50 am - Marlborough, MA
Thank you so much, im not in a rush i just want to be approved and them to say yes u can have ur surgery... did u have to lose any weight? was it mandatory? how many meetings did u have to go to? katie
Angela M.
on 12/30/06 3:14 pm - Worcester, MA
Whats the story here girlie? I thought you were basicly all set? PM if you want! I misss talking to you. Angela
KatKat
on 12/30/06 11:06 pm
No, I didn't have to lose weight. But they ask you "What have you done to change your eating/exercising habits since you attended the new patient orientation meeting?" I was honest and said nothing so they made me wait another month! You have to attend a community support meeting and a 0-6 month meeting prior to surgery - the dates and info about meeting requirements is on the website. Kathleen
Katie R.
on 12/30/06 11:28 pm - Marlborough, MA
Good im glad its not a requirment to lose weight because its so hard for me to anyways no matter what i do i lost 5 pounds for emerson... i had to lose 15 total... i figured i had to attend two meetings... lemme check out the website again see what it says about requiremtns and stuff.... thanks so much for ur replys they are very helpful... Angela i sent u a private message about whats going on.... thanks also katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 686 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2256 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4444 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4579 views