Three strikes....am I out???

Julie ~
on 12/28/06 8:59 am
Strike one: NEMC still has not ret'd my telephone calls in response to my application of 11/27. Strike two: B&W was very welcoming and I was registered for the information session last Tuesday night. Had directions from three sources, all coordinated with each other and studied. Left in plenty of time, and still spent almost an hour driving all over Boston like a moron (including trying to go the wrong way down a one way street). Finally gave up and went home as the seminar was already half over. Strike three???:Called Tobey Hospital the next morning as they are much closer to me, and yeah!!! they were having a seminar in my town the next night. I registered. So did several other lovely people, whom I had the chance to chat with for 45 minutes while we waited for no one to show up. The hotel didn't even have the place reserved for the seminar, and we made three calls to the surgeons office and could only get the answering service. Okay, I am still keeping my sense of humor, but really folks, it was a long hard decision to get to this point and I am not sure why I need this kind of testing. Enough already!!! I am sure this is the right decision for me. I am ready to work my butt off (literally). Are you listening fate? Let there be a seminar for me!!!!!!!!!!!
DivaGal
on 12/28/06 10:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
Julie- Don't give up! There is a support group that meets at Cape Cod hospital on 2nd Thursday of each month- in the evening- I have not been yet as I have been in night classes but I hope to be there this January 11th at 7:30- try to contact them on the internet- http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OSSG-CapeCod/ "Description This group was created to offer support to people who are looking at, going through, or living after weight loss surgery, and those who support them. It is primarily a group for people who are on Cape Cod or who attend the Cape Cod Weight Loss Surgery Support group (or in the near future, groups), but all who wish to add to this community are welcome. " Tara
jereyes
on 12/28/06 9:44 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
If you are willing to go to the Boston area Dr. Randall is in Medford and at MGH. There are less hoops to jump through if you see him in Medford at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He does the RNY as well as the lap band. I know I only waited 3-4 weeks to consult with him personally and he does require you to attend one support meeting which he and a nut. run together. Dr. Randall's consultations may have changed since I seen him over two years ago for my consult and had my surgery over a year ago. I find the larger Boston hospitals to be not very friendly. Dr. Randall's office is all very friendly and will get back to you. You may have to wait to get in and he always runs about an hour os so late but he is well worth it. His number is 781-306-6166 if you want to give him a try. Good luck and don't give up. You WILL find a program and doctor that will work for YOU!
Cher B.
on 12/28/06 11:01 pm - MA
Keep trying. All of these things are happening so you will land in the right program with the right surgeon for you! Hang in there.
Philly
on 12/29/06 3:51 am - MA
Juile that stinks!!! try Newton Wellsely Phil
dbracero
on 1/2/07 1:37 am - Salem, MA
Juli, I'm a post-op patient at NEMC in Boston. I see that on your post you say that NEMC has not gotten back to you about your application. Have you called them? I do recommend NEMC. They are a wonderful group of people. I still go back there twice each month for support groups. The next Open Gastric Bypass support group is in February 19, I think. You are more than welcome to come. Don't give up, this is so worth it. Damarys Boson, MA
Lesliee59
on 1/3/07 9:50 pm - Needham, MA
Hi Julie, I went through NEMC (Lapband) and had no problem with call backs. I'm surprised nobody called you back. I was/am very happy with their program. Let us know what is going on with you. Leslie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views