Just over 2 weeks to go. I have a question.

cshapleigh
on 12/23/06 10:36 am
I am scheduled for RNY January 8. Besides the normal, nervous, scared, excited feelings going on, I have had an especially bad fall season that included a death, a fall (literally) and now a 13 year old neice who is at Childrens fighting for her life. The prgram has taken 17 months at UMASS. Part of me thinks I should wait until life settles down to go through such a huge adjustment and the other wants to get on with it since it has taken me so long to get here. I know i need to do this, but can I be successful and maintain my sanity with other things weighing in? Anyone have any suggestions?
DDBEAR458
on 12/23/06 11:46 am - WORCESTER, MA
hi. i have no suggestions for you just prayers. ask yourself what God would do.
txbunny930
on 12/23/06 10:41 pm - MA
Only you can make that decision as to whether you can manage WLS and what is happening around you. I will keep you in my prayers for all that is in your life right now. Keep in mind that life continues regardless if we have WLS or not. So everything could be at peace when you have the surgery and then life can throw that curve ball at you. So come to peace within your heart as to what is best for "you". Merry Christmas. Bunny
Bariatric Bella
on 12/26/06 1:02 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Ok my life in a nutshell this past year. I had my surgery Nov2,2005 at that time my mother was living in a shelter, which broke my heart. We live in seperate states. The day of my surgery I couldnt speak to her. I was scared I knew that without the surgery I could die in a few years. I was only28 years old and havent had kids yet. Just married my highschool sweet heart after 11 years of dating and moved from my home city to another state as I now became a military spouse. My mother is extremely ill. The doctors have all told me she was on barrowed time. I had my surgery then six months later my gallbladder gave stones and almost burst before I got it removed( that was scary). Then a month later my father died unexpectedly. Lets just say that that time would have put Jerry Springer out of Work. Jokingly a family phrase is We put the fun in disfunctional. Then after coming home to Ca my husband and I got orders to come here to MA. What I am trying to say is no matter what if you feel you need this surgery than have the surgery. Life is still going to happen but the first life you need to save is yours. I believe that if you where to ask that 13 year old what she would want you to do and told her everythign this surgery could do for you. She would tell you to take back your life so you could life a better life than what you are living now. Life will never settle down that is one lesson that I have learned. Life is just that a wild rollercoaster ride there are the ups and the downs. Without the downs you wouldnt know what it was like to be happy when it came your way. I hope this helps, Amy
Brenda T.
on 12/26/06 7:30 am - MA
Carol. I sent you some mail, did you get it.. Maybe I can help you calm your nerves
Denise R.
on 12/26/06 12:09 pm - Dracut, MA
Carol the decision is ultimately yours to make but keep in mind that life may never slow down or be 'just the right time' for surgery. I can tell you from my own experience (having surgery with a 2 yr old and 6 month old to take care of post op) that life does go on and we have to make the choices that are right for us in the long run. My initial post op period was tough for 4 days- on day 5 I woke up feeling great and life was back to "normal" at that point in time (as crazy and active as my life was before surgery). Good luck to you and best wishes with what ever decision you make. I hope all goes well for your neice - my prayers are with your family.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views