Do Most People take B complex Vitamins at 7 months out?

lancasterfran
on 12/21/06 10:15 am - Needham, MA
I am 7 months out and wondering if I should be taking BComplex Vitamins in addition to my multi Vitamin. I was speaking to someone else who is 12 months out and she was apalled that I was not on a B vitamin and that my doctor did not require it. I have not had any B12 issues but wonder if taking the B Complex now would prevent future problems? Any thoughts?
Carolyn L.
on 12/22/06 5:56 am - Northborough, MA
I just take a sub-ling B-12, iron, zinc & biotin in addition to my mulitvitamin. My surgeon doesn't require B-complex and my blood tests have all been good. Carolyn
Jeana W.
on 12/22/06 6:19 am - Cambridge, MA
I'm pre-op but I can tell you that my physician told me to take a B100 complex because my B12 was low. Maybe yours is fine and that's why you haven't been told to take them? Jeana
jereyes
on 12/22/06 6:37 am - Tyngsboro, MA
I would not take vitiamin B without your doctor's approval. Your labs must be fine other wise you would have been told. Many times extra vitamins are not healthy to take if they are not needed. If you have any other concerns I would put a call into your surgeon's office. Every doctor has their own protocol to follow. I do take b12 because I was having a hard time after surgery feeling week and tired. I am now a year out and still take it including my calcium and multi vitamin.
rockinred
on 12/25/06 12:18 pm - Boston, MA
I also take a bilingual B-12 daily in addition to my multi-vitamin, iron and calcium. The B vitamins aren't stored in your body so it won't hurt you to take a supplement even if your doctor hasn't specifically told you to take it.
Stellabella
on 12/25/06 11:50 pm
Hi It depends on your vitamin levels. Usually a Bcomplex is not rec'd the first 3 months post op because it can mask a B12 deficiency. After that, it will be prescribed or people will take it for the biotin (hair loss prevention possibly), or the B12 if their levels are low. Have them check your levels or ask. Typically a B50 (half the RDA) daily cant hurt. Stella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views