I need some comfort

debro28
on 12/20/06 8:48 am - Chelsea, MA
Hello Friends!! OK...I'm 4 months post-op. I dont have a scale at home to wieght my self but I do from a friends house...I lost 45lbs. it's not ok, people that I talked to say that I should be more than 45 lbs.lighter. now im scare that somethingt is not working right. I drink lots of water and take my vitamins I could spend more time on my treadmill but truthfuly im tired I dont see much of this burst of energy everyone feels. I feel like I eat very little. can anyone relate to what Im kind of talking about? thank you for the help. deb
txbunny930
on 12/20/06 8:08 pm - MA
First let me say Congrats on the 45 lb weight loss. Each person is different with losing weight after surgery and there is not "magic" number that we should be at each month. 45 lbs is a lot of weight to have lost in 4 months. I'm just 9 days out but every pound I lose is a pound I hope to never see again. That is how I'm looking at this. The burst of energy will come. It may be that your body needs more time to adjust to the WLS and will catch up in time. If you're not eating much, maybe it's that your body is wanting more protein. The formula for this is water, protein and exercise. My doctor calls it the triangle. Deb, you're doing great.
Peridot
on 12/20/06 9:16 pm - Somerville, MA
Deb, Who are these people that say you should have lost more by now? Are they doctors? Have they had the surgery? Do they know your body? Everyone is so different. I keep a weight tracker and I just looked. At four months I was down 46 lbs. I am now 10 1/2 months out and I've lost 92. I am a slow loser but I am consistent. Better yet, I started at a size 26 and last night I bought a size 10 jeans. Everyone loses at a different rate and that's ok. When was the last time you lost 45 lbs in 4 months? I've never lost 92 lbs in 10 1/2 months. I just have to keep that in mind. Don't be so hard on yourself. Drink your water, exercise and get in your protein. If you feel like coming to a support group, come to Dr. Randall's in Medford in January. He is the best and the patients are very supportive. Peridot
debro28
on 12/21/06 9:55 am - Chelsea, MA
Hi Peridot, Thank you for everyone's help. no this people are not doctors they all have an opinion but no one has had the surgery either. I think Im doing good but sometimes friends tend to talk to much and they make me doubt my self & then I get scared that Im not going to thrive after I went thru this surgery. Im losing weight & am happy with that. some people dont help even if they think they are & some I think its jelousy in their part...I hate to think that about my friends but some are not been helpful. I would love to go to the support group in medford. my suppost group from the hosp. where i had my surgery its in jamaica plain but I hate going into town if I dont have to & medford its much closer to me. take care, Deb
Peridot
on 12/21/06 8:54 pm - Somerville, MA
Deb, Dr. Randall's group meets again in January. I'm not sure of the date but I'm sure someone here will post it. You will LOVE this group. I could never had gotten through this past year without my friends from there; Stephanie, Lorraine, Doug, Rita, Stacey and Amy. We are each other's personal cheering squad. Peridot
stephanie1977
on 12/26/06 9:02 pm - Roxbury, MA
Peridot is right. Dr. Randall is the best and I should know. I am 10 1/2 months out and have lost 137 lbs. I have slowed down but it is because I have been put on excercise restriction by my doctor because I had thyroid surgery. I was just given the okay to start swimming again so Friday A.M. I will be in the pool. I am very proud of you and your 45 lbs you lost. And just remember an opinion is like a butt hole-everyone has one. Keep focused and keep your triangle--Water, excercise and food. You will do fine. Dr. Randall's support group meeting is January 18th at 6:30 pm. See you there. Best wishes, Stephanie
jereyes
on 12/20/06 9:18 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Deb Congratulations on your 45 pound weight loss. Everyone losses wieght at different rates. Don't compare yourself to other people. I know it is hard to do because I used to do it all the time. If you don't have as much weight to lose as other people you will lose at a slower rate. I had about a 100 pounds to lose so I lost 50 pounds in three months and my SIL lost over 80 pound in three months because she has a lot more weight to lose. Also if your not eating enough that can also slow your weight loss. You maybe feeling tired because you are not eating enough. If you have any concerns you should call your surgeon. Your body has been through a lot and it takes a long time for it to self regulate again due to all the changes it has been through. Remember what diet have you been on and lost 45 pounds in 4 months. You are doing great. Keep up the good work!
LaurieB.
on 1/4/07 7:27 am - Sterling, MA
Debra, I am also 4 months out and I have lost 42 pounds. I seem to be losing it slower than I thought I would but that's ok, I'm still losing. Think about it...YOU LOST 45 POUNDS!!!!! When is the last time you could say that you lost 10 lbs a month?? Look at some old pictures and hold one up to the mirror and look at yourself. You will be amazed. Keep your chin up. You are doing great. Don't let other people discourage you. When you lose weight slower your skin has more time to rebound so think of the slower pace as a plus. Maybe our skin won't sag as much as if we lost faster.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views