Support Groups in MA

Adrienne L.
on 12/19/06 12:07 pm - Kingsland, GA
Are there any support groups in the Northshore? I live in Andover, MA. I had my surgery in Aug 05 in VA and then moved up here. I really need a group to attend. Thanks in advance, Adrienne
Philly
on 12/20/06 1:38 am - MA
i am not far from you at all. I would attend
Peridot
on 12/20/06 5:05 am - Somerville, MA
Adrienne, Dr. Randall at Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford has one on usually the 3rd Thursday evening every month. I am the next exit down from you and it only takes me 20 minutes to get there. The meeting is great, you have to be there early because there's usually standing room only. Peridot
Adrienne L.
on 12/21/06 2:52 am - Kingsland, GA
Do you know if the meeting is being held tongiht and if they are taking a break for the holidays? What time is the meeting?
RITA32
on 12/21/06 4:19 am - Stoneham, MA
Deb We had our meeting with Dr Randall last week because of the holiday.
RITA32
on 12/21/06 4:23 am - Stoneham, MA
Sorry Adrienne I just called you Deb was answering someone here at the same time... I just checked and January's meeting is scheduled for January 18 and Februarys for February 15 they begin at 6:30 in the school of nursing right next to the hospital Hope to see you there
ohnodonna
on 12/22/06 5:24 am - fall river, MA
hi my name is donna i had surgery august 22nd and i have had an awful time with this i wanted to start a support group in my home in fall river mass if anyone is interesteded you can call me or write back 5086779533 thanks donna franco im doing this because im housebound and would love to discuss this with people from my area
mayberry1182
on 5/18/07 2:58 am
I just read your post about your bad experience with WLS, how are you feeling now?
Denise R.
on 12/26/06 11:58 am - Dracut, MA
Adrienne call the weight management center at lowell general (which is close to you). The program moved from Saints Memorial but they have support groups on Tues nights - both for preop/postop combo (topics for discussion, more like a lecture with a answer/question at the end) and then once a month a post op only group divided by lap band or rny patients which are an open forum and excellent. I'm in Dracut.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views