need info please!!

Jeanette P.
on 12/2/06 10:16 pm - Hyannis, MA
Hi everyone! Tomorrow is my second pre-op group session and we're supposed to bring in a piece of info that's new to us. Of course I know that I don't know it all, but I've done so much research that when I look for more, I just keep finding the same stuff. Does anyone have something new for me??? Thanks!! Jeanette
honeymoo
on 12/2/06 11:55 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Geez that is a hard one especially if you have been doing your research and for a while. I just found out at my 3 month appt that most people lose about 30% of their excess weight by 3 months, don't know if that's universal or just through my surgeons office. Try posting on the main board their are soo many more people that check that board and the knowledge especially with long term post ops that they may have some info. Good luck Gwen
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/06 8:41 am - Stoughton, MA
Here's a little tidbit you may or may not already know: The reason you can't have caffeine after lap band surgery is because caffeine stimulates every organ in your body, including your stomach. Use of caffeine is prohibited in the weeks following surgery because it causes the stomach to contract and this could dislodge the band. P.S. Who is your doctor? Your SECOND pre-op group session? Was this a requirement? I never attended any. My doctor didn't require anything except one visit with a nutritionist, one shrink visit, and the pre-op testing (chest X-ray, EKG and blood work) and the $500 fee (for services...whatever the heck they are, I sure don't know.) Regards, Nella
Jeanette P.
on 12/3/06 9:21 am - Hyannis, MA
Thanks Nella, I knew that we couldn't have the caffeine, but I didn't understand fully why. I'm having the RNY procedure at Tobey with Dr. Kruger in Wareham. And yes, these groups are required, 4 of them. Along with 2 nutritionist and 2 psychologist appointments. I just can't wait to get it all done and get my approval. The hardest thing for me is thinking that after I go through all these appointment and the money I'm spending for them, that there's still the chance that my insurance will deny me... Drives me nuts!! But, I will be done with everything before christmas exept for whatever pre-op testing he'll want me to do... Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.. Jeanette
reggaedj
on 12/4/06 12:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
Hey there Jeanette!! Don't know what to tell you regarding the new info...I think I'm going to be in the same boat soon...I have my first Nutr. appt. this Wed., and my 2 Psych appts the following two Weds. I didnt realize we had to have 2 visits with the Nutritionist.... and so far no one has mentioned the group sessions to me, but Im sure that will come up as I go... I'm so impatient I want to just have the darn surgery before I chicken out!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views