feeling scared

christaleonard
on 11/29/06 11:18 pm - Dennis, MA
having alot of dreams of waking u*****t waking up after surgery. does anybody have any suggestions on what to do
Bariatric Bella
on 11/29/06 11:43 pm - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
That was my fear with goign into surgery. Just keep reminding yourself that without the surgery you might not live much longer either. Amy
christaleonard
on 11/29/06 11:58 pm - Dennis, MA
thanks for your thoughts amy my surgery is wednesday i cannot wait for my new start on life.
~ Stylz ~
on 11/30/06 11:37 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Stephanie! before my surgery I had nightmares about surgery, all the what ifs. I thought about surgery 24-7 and then started having panic attacks, chest pains, sweats. it was awful! Two weeks before surgery I stopped coming to OH and realized it was the message boards that were making me feel that way! It was hard to stop coming to the boards since I was reading them all day and night. Theres great advice here, but theres also people asking about experiences, pains, issues since they've been home after surgery, the memorial page, etc. I was reading the good and bad! Once I stopped reading, the panic attacks, chest pain, sweats all stopped! sometimes you just have to take a step back and realize you're doing this for you, your surgeon knows what he/she is doing and you're in great hands!
christaleonard
on 11/30/06 10:26 pm - Dennis, MA
thank you for your thoughts maybe i need to take a break from all of this reading and let my brain clear
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views