LAHEY CLINIC PRE-OP

CRISTA2013
on 11/26/06 5:14 am - Middleton, MA
Hello. This is my first time on this website. I am in the pre-op process through Lahey Clinic and will have my surgery next month (Jan '07). Has anyone gone thru Lahey for their surgery and if so, how was it for you? Looking forward to hearing from you.
DDBEAR458
on 11/26/06 8:49 pm - WORCESTER, MA
hi, i'm not going thru Lahey but i'm in my Pre-op too. my surgery is january 16th. i just gave my boss the days off i'll need and she was like "oh, are you sure you want to do this". good luck with you
NE Pats Fan
on 11/26/06 11:17 pm - Tewksbury, MA
Hello, I went through lahey clinic and had surgery last november. All was easy and smooth and Dr Neponnayshy was great also. Shoot me any questions you have, leave your email and I'll email you anything you like. I just don't want to leave my email on a public forum.. thanks Paul
CRISTA2013
on 11/27/06 6:23 am - Middleton, MA
Hi Paul. Thanks for writing back. I was hoping you could answer just a few questions for me? I began the pre-op process last July and I am almost through with it except for having to wear the c-pap for a month, so I'm hoping for surgery in January. Did it take this long for you as well? It seems like forever to me! Also, how was your experience with Lahey's program in general and the follow-up afterwards? Most people I know that have had the surgery have gone to other hospitals and I'm just curious to speak with others that went to Lahey. Lastly, was it all worth it to you in the end? Big question, I know, but it helps me to understand the reality of gastric bypass surgery from people like yourself who have been through it and survived. Thanks you for any insights you can share with me. I appreciate your time. You can reach me at [email protected] Bye for now, Julie
thinkinthin
on 12/5/06 1:35 am
Hi I worked as a RN at Lahey for years (not now). There were only 2 surgeons the nurses hated and they didn't do WLS. My advice to you is to MAKE SURE you end up on a surgical floor with experienced nurses that care for WLS patients daily. I worked on a medsurg/oncology floor and we occasionally got WLS post-ops!! It was a crappy situation for the patients and nurses. Just verify it with your surgeon day of surgery. Otherwise you'll be fine. Good luck Kathleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views