NW meeting tonight?

Carolyn L.
on 11/21/06 5:28 am - Northborough, MA
For once I'm actually making a meeting at Newton-Wellesley tonight. Is anyone else from here going to make it?? I'll be leaving from here at 5pm. If you know before then let me know. Otherwise just say hi to me when you get there!! I'm wearing a green sweater and jeans. Carolyn
honeymoo
on 11/21/06 8:17 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
How was the meeting? I was going to try and go but I have so much going on plus I am heading up in the morning for my 3 month follow up, I just couldn't justify spending the money on a hotel room. One of these days I'll get back up for a meeting post-op. Gwen
Carolyn L.
on 11/21/06 11:53 am - Northborough, MA
The meeting was OK. I got to meet someone from the boards - a pre-op named... OMG my brain is mush... I'm so sorry if you are reading this. She was very sweet and I wanted to find her on the boards but now her name escapes me. OK, the meeting. I was hoping for more of a free-flow back and forth, but only a few of us spoke at all and the leader definitely had ideas of what she wanted to talk about and moved the conversation there. My friend was trying to ask about choosing a plastic surgeon and suddenly the leader was talking about missing the comfort of our old bodies. It wouldn't have bothered me if she hadn't ASKED what we wanted to talk about in the first place. Generally though, I'm glad I went. At least it reminded me to have a plan for Thanksgiving. Usually I can plan to not overeat (not that I ever followed that in the past), but this year I have to remember to eat every 3 hours even with the chaos of the holiday. My problem with long parties is I forget to eat before and during and I get dizzy and lightheaded. It's a weird new problem!! Carolyn
DDBEAR458
on 11/21/06 7:59 pm - WORCESTER, MA
i wish i read this earlier. i HATE driving alone at nite. i cant see that well. i'm from worcester and maybe (if you don't feel weird), i could meet you in your town and we could go together. my hubby goes to bed at 7 so he's too tired to take me and i really must go to at least two meetings. am i being to forward ? tell me if i am, i will understand.
Carolyn L.
on 11/21/06 9:24 pm - Northborough, MA
Not at all! I don't actually make a lot of meetings because the 3rd Tuesday of the month is usually my Mothers of Twins meeting and Thursday nights are my date nights with my husband, but I'm trying to make more. But there is a good chance I'll make next month's Tuesday meeting because the MOT club isn't meeting. Email me before and remind me, because I have no brain! Carolyn
KatKat
on 11/21/06 9:27 pm
Hi Carolyn, I was the sweet pre-op (thanks!). The best part of the meeting for me was getting my anti-surgery mother to go with me and hear some of her concerns addressed. She was worried about me gaining afterwards, going back to old habits. I'm now off to my 4 hour consult with Dr. Partridge.. wish me luck!! Kathleen
Carolyn L.
on 11/21/06 9:35 pm - Northborough, MA
Oh, my Kathleen! I hadn't made the connection!! NOW I recognize you from your picture! It was great meeting you last night. I hope your mother feels a little better now. My husband always felt better after going to meetings or appointments with me. Good luck with your consult, I know you'll do great! Carolyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views