how much are you supposed to lose

tmtrkm
on 11/14/06 10:54 pm - MA
I am 14 days out of surgery.... how much are you have supposed to have lost by now? I can't tell if I am on track or not. Although I know in my head that the weignt will come off, it feels like I should be losing rapidly. I've lost 23 lbs since the beginning of my liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. So from Oct 18th to Nov. 14th... 23 lbs. This seems like I'm not losing enough. At times it feels like I'm not losing at all. I'm never hungry but I get my protien, vitamins and water in everyday. It just seems like I should be 40 lbs lighter not 23. Maybe I feel this way because I'm so used to eating, eating, eating and now I'm not.
honeymoo
on 11/14/06 11:03 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
That's great! I think we all think it's going to come off faster than it does. A month out of surgery I had lost 30pds. It also depends on how much you have to lose in the 1st place a lot of "lightweights" lose a little slower. Think about it this way, when was the last time you lost this much weight in such a short period of time. If you have any concerns you can also check with your surgeon. Good luck and Congrats on the awesome weight loss so far. Gwen
AmyM
on 11/15/06 1:31 pm - Easthampton, MA
Hello and congrats on becoming a "bander"! I got my surgery on March 17th of 2006 and so far I have lost 77 pounds! When I look at the big picture I get really excited but when I am going through it everyday I never think that I am losing fast enough. All I can say is enjoy your good days and make it through the bad ones! We will all be thinner in the end! This is the first time in many of our lives that we do not have to order the fat free dressing when we go out to eat... since we won't be able to consume that much anyway, just enjoy the tool that you have and don't sweat the small stuff. I personally for the first time have thrown out my clothes as I have lost my weight because I know that I will NEVER be that size again... and that is great! I have never done that before! We will all lose it at different speeds but as long as you are losing then that is what is important and if you are not losing then.... GET A FILL! Good luck and chat soon!
Carolyn L.
on 11/15/06 7:59 pm - Northborough, MA
Just be patient. Your body is still recovering. The impressive results come from consistant weight loss, so you just have to hold on, keep getting your protein and water in and WALK, WALK, WALK! And when you're a little further out step up the exercise! Good Luck, Carolyn
rockinred
on 11/16/06 7:22 am - Boston, MA
Hi! I'm also about 2 weeks out from a lap RNY. I'm a "lightweight" (which means I will lose a bit slower), but so far I've lost about 16 lbs. which I'm thrilled with! 23 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at! You have to remind yourself that you didn't gain the weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight either! Keep doing what you're supposed to be doing and be patient. It will come in time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views