moving right along!

reggaedj
on 11/9/06 10:10 pm - Cape Cod, MA
Wow, things are really moving right along....I went to an informational meeting for WLS on Tuesday night, and I have my first consultation with the surgeon this Saturday morning!! I thought I would have to wait months to get going, but it looks like things are moving right along. I called my Insurance Co. yesterday, and they said "yes" they do cover WLS, as long as I meet certain criteria, which I do. Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop, if you know what I mean. Things never go this easily!! Maybe that's a sign that Im doing what I am meant to do, by exploring this surgery option. I look forward to getting to know some of you better, thank you for your inspiring posts and good tips and ideas. I know as I travel along this journey, this message board will be an invaluable tool.
honeymoo
on 11/9/06 11:15 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Welcome, things moved along quickly in my process too. I also called my insurance and like you knew that I fit the criteria, it made it easier for me already knowing that I would be approved. I took it as a sign that it was the right thing for me to do. Your surgeon may have a battery of tests that they want done before they will approve you, it all depends every Dr is different. I only had to do a sleep study. Good luck with your journey there are plenty of us that are around willing to help if we can. Gwen
Peg G.
on 11/9/06 11:31 pm - Methuen, MA
Welcome! What procedure are you having and where? I'm 11/30 at Mass General. Peg G.
reggaedj
on 11/9/06 11:38 pm - Cape Cod, MA
I am having the Roux-en-Y, in Wareham. I dont have a date, as this Sat. will be my first consultation, but Im hoping to get one soon. The Dr. said that it takes about 5 months from the first consult to the day of surgery, so Im keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to you!!! Are you nervous?
DebsJ
on 11/10/06 2:18 pm - Carver, MA
Hi there. I'm having that surgery their also. I had my consult this week and an appt on 11/22 with the nutritionist. Good luck to everyone :)
April R.
on 11/10/06 9:15 pm - plymouth, MA
yeaaahh!!! Sounds like your info meeting went well then!!! AprilR
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs