Finally here

Bariatric Bella
on 11/9/06 3:20 am - Dayton, OH
RNY on 11/02/05 with
Hey everyone I finally made it to MA. So far everyone is so nice to talk to. I am at the Hanscom AFB. Which is Bedford. So now I am asking for HELP I need advice ont he area and where to shop. I need a jacket and all new clothes. The few clothes I did get in CA before coming here are not warm enough. Plus I am a 16W in size and 6 ft tall. Everything is so different here. Really excited to be at my new home, Amy Before surgery390lbs day of surgery 304lbs currently 208lbs BMI goal 160-180lbs
Diane T.
on 11/9/06 4:16 am - Quincy, MA
Hi Amy - First the most important thing.....congrats on your weight loss! I am new to the board and have a consultation with a Dr Hess on 12/22 for the band so seeing your results and hearing everybody else's success stories makes me feel even better with my choice. Okay so RE: your question, I am not familiar with the area where you have moved to but i know most local malls have a Lane Bryant which have talls (sounds like that is wh at you may be looking for). I also love Catherine's (Brockton Ma or Plymouth Ma) and "The Avenue" (Dedham, MA and carry talls too!). You could look up locations maybe on thier company websites to see if there are any locations close to you. There are also Fashion big stores in many locations and I think they carry talls too. I also search places online like couponcabin.com and myjacocom for online coupons and some store coupons. Good luck and I hope you find just what your looking for.
MOJI
on 11/9/06 4:50 am - worcester, MA
FASHION BUG
jereyes
on 11/9/06 5:20 am - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Amy Welcome to Massachusetts. The weather actually has been nice here for this time of the year. Hanscom AFB is less than a 1/2 hr. away from the Burlington Mall as well as Old Navy, Kohls, and Marshalls, Catherine's and T.J Maxx. You probably can find locations to these stores on their websites. Good Luck. Janet
KatKat
on 11/9/06 7:23 am
Amy, Welcome to the Bay State! Bedford is a very nice little town and I know there is TJ Maxx and/or Marshalls there. Hop on Rt 128 North to Exit 32B (Middlesex Turnpike) to get to the Burlington Mall where you'll find Macys and all the other chain stores. Across the street from the mall is Kohl's which has some good sales. They just opened a new strip mall called "Wayside Commons" which is one exit further north on 128 - there's an LL Bean Outlet - helpful for New England winters! I live in Watertown, not too far from you - there's an Avenue here and there's a Lane Bryant in the Burlington mall but it sounds like you can start shopping in the "regular" stores soon! I am still preop so I'm envious of your position! I grew up near West Point and my mom worked there for years - she now works at the Army Soldier Center in Natick (formerly Army labs)... I give you a lot of credit for moving around so much! I'd like to be a friend! Let me know if you need any more "local" advice! Kathleen
DDBEAR458
on 11/9/06 8:47 am - WORCESTER, MA
good to meet you. my name is Deirdre. i live in Worcester so I don't know of any stores out your way. congradulations on your weight loss! i havent had surgery yet, but i just found out today that i was APPROVED!!! i can't wait to go shopping. keep in touch with us and welcome to your new home.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views