Quest: Surg on 11/1 getting hot and cold.

tmtrkm
on 11/5/06 6:11 am - MA
Hi, I have a question. I just had my surgery on 11/1... since the minute I left the recovery room I have been SO hot then SO cold. Mostly my feet are cold but when I go through the hot cycle... I'm sweating. Also I wake up in the middle of the night and I am drenched from head to toe in sweat. Has anyone experienced this??
~ Stylz ~
on 11/5/06 8:32 am - North of Boston, MA
hi Tanya, I can't say I ever felt that way. Have you called and asked the doctor or called the clinic where you had the surgery performed? I constantly have cold feet, but had that before surgery. Have you been doing a lot of walking? Not sure what the symptoms are of blood clots, but I'd say you should call the doctor just incase! good luck and welcome to the losers bench
tmtrkm
on 11/5/06 8:45 am - MA
I asked the MD when I was in the hospital. He said it was normal. I did have an ultrasound on my legs before I was discharged to check for blood clots but it came back negative. I was just wondering if someone out there had this too to see how long it lasts. Thanks and I'm glad to finally be on the losers bench.
Brenda T.
on 11/5/06 12:55 pm - MA
Your hormones are going crazy right now... And your whole body is effected.
DDBEAR458
on 11/6/06 4:09 am - WORCESTER, MA
I haven't had surgery yet, but I can identify with the sweating at night. I've been in early menopause since I was 38, now I'm 44 and I sweat like a pig. Im sure my weight has a lot to do with it too. Maybe the surgery put you into menapause???? Never know. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views