Brigham and Women's WLS Program

thinkinthin
on 11/5/06 12:48 am
I had my abd RNY on 10/30. I can't say enough good things about Dr Lautz and his team. What a fantastic surgeon he is. It took me a year of researching the different hospitals and surgeons. I had heard much about BWH from the graduates on the board. I'm so glad I used them. From start to finish he was wonderfu. But what impressed me the most was the nurses at BWH. They were so caring. I had a terrible time with pain control. I don't react well to narcotics and get extremely nauseated. I also had killer caffeine headaches. The nurses kept working with the docs until they finally found the right medicine. Then when the headache**** and the rectal tylenol did zilch they called the docs and got me fiorcet for migraines. OMG what a difference. They were just very kind and understanding. I would recommend them to everyone I know. Well, that's my two cents for what it's worth. Kathleen
pebbles4388
on 11/8/06 11:00 pm - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
I had my surgery on 11/2/06 with Dr. Ashley Vernon. I had the lapband and I must say that I really liked the whole team at the BWH. They were really great people and very caring. -pebbles
Joyce S.
on 11/12/06 8:07 pm - Dennis, MA
HI Kathleen, My husband and I had Dr Lautz as well - my surgery was 1 year ago Nov 7th and Hubby John's was Dec 19th '05. The surgery went fine for us , Dr Lautz is a great surgeon - I didn't have very good care as I was sent to the 11th(thoracic) floor while my hubby had terrific nursing care up on the 15th- the gastric floor. To make an an analogy - He had the Lincoln Towne Car of care while I got the Used Ford Fiesta.So far hubby has lost 73% of his excess and I've only lost 60%. Dh has lost 110 lbs and I've lost 120. Joyce S.
lijones
on 12/7/06 4:46 am - Salisbury, NH
How long was the process from your initial consult to your surgery?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views