Beth Israel anyone?

JKap
on 11/1/06 9:43 pm - Newton, MA
My surgery is next Tuesday- yikes! Anyone else going to Beth Israel?
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/06 8:54 pm - somewhere, MA
Joy, I was a guest of BI on 5/4/05. Dr Schneider did the slicing and dicing. Down about 140 and loving life. Good luck with your surgery. Jim
JKap
on 11/3/06 12:35 am - Newton, MA
Thansk Jim...I am going to Dr. Jones...I just want to get the surgery and hospital stay over so I can get home with my family aNd begin the journey...Do you go to the support groups? Are they helpful? Joy
lijones
on 11/3/06 2:01 am - Salisbury, NH
Can you tell me how long the process is before the surgery is scheduled? I am in the beginning stages.
JKap
on 11/3/06 3:52 am - Newton, MA
Hi Lisa- I started the process in early August and have surgery next Tuesday. Have you been to an informational session? They are helpful...Feel free to ask questions...Joy
lijones
on 11/3/06 8:02 am - Salisbury, NH
I am so anxious to get it going -- seems like a long time to wait. I am going to the session on Tuesday and then will schedule appointment after that. What takes so long, the whole approval process. I am afraid to wait three months, and just keep getting bigger and bigger but on the other hand I don't want to try and lose weight becuase I don't want to go below the BMI requirements. Not sure if that makes sense.
JKap
on 11/4/06 9:07 am - Newton, MA
Lisa- The wait flies by since you have to do tests, nutrition appointments, psychologist, etc. I think the waiting time allows you to read up on it and get mentally prepared...Wish me luck on Tuesday! joy
lijones
on 11/4/06 10:18 am - Salisbury, NH
Good luck on Tuesday for sure. How long from your initial appointment till your surgery date.
lijones
on 11/4/06 7:11 am - Salisbury, NH
Well that is encouraging. Some of the programs I have been looking at have an 8 month wait. I am changing jobs in January and changing insurances. My insurance now covers it, so I am trying to figure out if it is feasible to get it all done before the first of the year -- what is the longest process in the whole procedure. Is there a way to expedite things, that you are aware of?
debjean
on 11/7/06 2:06 am
Hi Everyone, im new to this message board. i had my surgery at beth israel last week oct 31. i also had dr jones. i can not say enough good things about my screening process with the bariatric team and the staff at Beth Israel. i started the process on july 31 ,2006,so the wait time to have the surgery was 3 months. i think the longest wait was to get booked into the surgery. If you are a smoker as i was you need to stop smoking for 2- 3 months before surgery. As of today im 1 week post -op and i have not had any problems at all with the surgery or eatiing the full liquid diet. i did choose to use the isopure protein powder from gnc because of its large amt. of protein. i have the vanillia and strawbarry , both are good mixed with lowfat milk .i have very little pain. As i sit here it is very hard to feel like i have had surgery at all. i have not been hungry but am keeping up with my hydration and nutrition. Im happy i found this wonderful web site today. i only wish i knew about it before my surgery . take care everyone deb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views