Insurance problem: Appeal question

Ann K.
on 10/30/06 9:35 am - Holbrook, MA
Well, my lousy insurance does not cover gastric bypass. Has anyone successfully appealed to their insurance company when it's not a covered service? Has anyone paid out of pocket? I'd love to get an idea of what this costs. Thanks for your help, I'm really down about this tonight. Ann
Pugsley
on 10/31/06 2:04 am - Dedham, MA
What do you have for insurance?? I have a friend who appealed and got it covered. The out of pocket cost is over $30,000 or so I have been told by the Doctors at the BI in Boston.
angel39
on 11/2/06 9:50 am - Webster, MA
I'm sorry about your insurance being such jerks. Definitely appeal it. We have Fallon Community Health Plan and am concern they may do the same to me. They denied my son's formula when he was 2 mos and on. He suffers from reflux and was colicky and was projectile vomiting and they said that because he wasn't losing weight he didn't meet the criteria to be approved. What a bunch of bull. They just didn't want to pay for the formula, which was a special formula that cost somewhere btw. $25 - $30 a can. This is why I'm concerned about them rejecting my request. I guess the doctors will handle it when I get to that point. I will be praying that you get approved if you decide to appeal. If you need any support, I am more than happy to oblige. I have a background in the medical insurance and would be happy to answer any questions you have. Good luck. Take care. Shawna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views