Dr. Randall and pre-op prep

Peg G.
on 10/29/06 10:36 am - Methuen, MA
Can anyone tell me if Dr. Randall puts his open RNY patients on a liquid diet? Also what kind prep is given most often to clean you out? Peg G
stephanie1977
on 10/29/06 7:25 pm - Roxbury, MA
Hi Peg, I had my surgery by Dr Randall. He does not put you on a liquid diet pre op. Nor does he give you any cleansing instructions pre op. I tried the Carnation Instant Breakfast on my own and the day before surgery I took a purge from CVS. It was a purge special for before any GI procedure. I am glad I did it. But he said he doesn't require it. My surgery was 2/13/06. I was 368 and I have lost 124 lbs to date. You are in EXCELLENT HANDS!!!!! Good luck and hope to see you at the support meeting Nov 16. Stephanie Joacine
Peg G.
on 10/30/06 3:37 am - Methuen, MA
Thanks for the info Stephanie. I am quite surprised that I'm hearing the same answer from everyone who has had Dr. R. Congrats on your wonderful progress! Where is this support meeting on the 16th? I'm having my surgery at Mass General Hospital. I wonder if it is just for his patients from Lawrence Memorial Hospital? Boy, am I relieved about the prep! Good idea about the small bites and chewing. It is tougher than I thought it would be. Keep up the good work, Peg
jereyes
on 10/29/06 8:59 pm - Tyngsboro, MA
Hi Peg Dr. Randall did not require me to be on any pre-op diet. He just did npt want me to gain any weight before surgery. I also did not need anything to clean me out before surgery either. The cleaning thing may be different from aptient to patient. He will let you know what you need to do on your last pre-op visit. I lived my life as usual before surgery except not eating or drinking after midnight the night before surgery. I was very glad I was his first patient of the day. Good Luck Peg! You will do great and you will be in great hands with Dr. Randall! Janet
Peg G.
on 10/30/06 4:08 am - Methuen, MA
Hi Janet! Wow, no prep. Yippee! That's what most of the replies have been. I have requested to be his first case of the day as well. Thanks, Peg
RITA32
on 10/30/06 2:30 am - Stoneham, MA
Nope Peg didn't have to do either. He really just doesn't want you to gain any weight before surgery. It helps to try and eat small bites and chew chew before surgery as this knda gets your ready for post surgery but don't worry you'll do just fine..
Peg G.
on 10/30/06 4:51 am - Methuen, MA
Hi Rita! Thanks for your input. I'm taking your advice with the practice eating.....it's difficult! I'd better watch my diet also. I don't want to gain any weight! Peg
RITA32
on 10/30/06 11:31 pm - Stoneham, MA
Hi Peg, His meeting on the 16th is at the school of nursing next to the Lawrence Memorial Hospital in Medford and it is open for anyone preop, post op and anyone no matter who or where you had your surgery done. Come and meet us all!!!!!
Peg G.
on 11/1/06 3:54 am - Methuen, MA
Thanks Rita. Good to know for the future.
lijones
on 11/4/06 7:17 am - Salisbury, NH
Can you tell me when you started the whole process and what the time frame was until you had surgery? Where are you having your surgery?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views