Dr. Randall/Sleep Study

Joanne N.
on 10/26/06 9:53 pm
Hi there, This is what I have done/scheduled: I met with Dr. Randall 10/11 Seeing Sandra Crump on 10/30 Seeing Dr. Randall on 11/14 Seeing Erica on 11/15 Support Groun on 11/16 (I think) I also asked my PCP to sent the "do it" letter and I'm not sure it's been sent yet. Will Dr. Randall want me to have a sleep study? I don't have a history of sleep apnea (my hubby does and wears a cpap, what an attractive couple we would make) but I'm wondering if they have you do that anyway? Is there anything else I should know/do other than what I have listed to help move things along? What comes next? Thanks for any help. Have a good day! Joanne
txbunny930
on 10/27/06 12:03 am - MA
Hi Joanne: Make sure you don't gain any weight. Start working on eatting as if you were post op. Erika will go over how this will work for you. Get use to not drinking anything while eatting. That was a hard one for me. Took forever. The only time a sleep study would be requested would be if you do have sleep apnea. Dr. Randall will let you know what he requires. Since each of us are different, what he requires will be different. One thing he was strict about was making sure that everything was up to date on yearly physical, pap, mammo, etc. What insurance do you have? Make sure you contact them for their guidelines and follow them. Here is my aol addy if you ever want to chat - [email protected]. I see you on line but did not want to intrude without asking first. Hugs, Lorraine
stephanie1977
on 10/27/06 2:15 am - Roxbury, MA
There is nothing else you can do but hopefully your insurance will give you a swift approval. Listen to Bunny when she says check your insurance company's guiedlines. It could be critical. I had sleep apnea when I met Dr Randall. My husband sleeps with one and I used to call us Mr and Mrs Darth Vader (LOL) The machines never got in the way of anything. And if he does order a sleep study, it will only benefit you pre op. After the surgery, from the 2 month mork, I have not slept with my machine since. My husband still does. The support meeting is 11/16. I will see you there. Good Luck Stephanie
Peg G.
on 10/28/06 9:03 am - Methuen, MA
I've just been reading your reply to Joanne. Where did you have your surgery? I'm at Mass General on 11/30 with Dr. Randall. I don't believe he has a support group at MGH. I'm thinking you are at LMH. I go for my Pre-op admission testing this Tuesday. However, I have no idea what types of tests I'll be having. Are you supposed to know before you go? Also, I asked the girls in the office about my insurance approval and they said they don't submit the paperwor****il 2 or 3 weeks before. My question is...why would they have me go ahead with all the pre-op testing if I haven't got my approval as yet. I qualify with the guidelines for BC/BS. Am I being too concerned? Thanks Peg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views