Did anyone have Lap Band surgery at Faulkner Hospital?

JeanieBeanie
on 10/23/06 12:17 pm
I'm going for the informational session on Nov 1st, and was told there were only 2 appointments I had to have before I got to schedule surgery. My sister begs to differ, but she had full RNY and I'm only having the Lap Band. Thanks for any input!! Jean
JeanieBeanie
on 10/24/06 10:36 am
BUMP
Kim S.
on 10/25/06 12:52 am - North of Boston, MA
I had my lapband at BWH but they are affliated so hopefully this will help. It is only two appointments, plus a bunch of tests but it's the timing of the appointments that can take awhile, depending on the doctor's schedule. After the info session, here's what my breakdown of appts was: 09/27/05 - info session 11/10/05 - first appt with doctor (first date avail after info session) - appt with nutritionist/psych 11/20/05 - bunch of blood tests and upper GI series 12/12/05 - final pre-op visit with Dr 12/16/05 - pre-op screening, meet with intake, etc. 12/21/-5 - SURGERY The testing can take more or less time depending on what the Dr. wants and what you need or already have. Because I already have a diagnosis of sleep apnea and have used a CPAP for years, no sleep study was needed. I have no heart/diabetes issues so none of those tests were needed. Nothing came back abnormal in my bloodwork so no followups were needed. Good Luck, Kim
Caeli B.
on 10/27/06 12:24 am - Boston, MA
As Kim said, there are usually only two appointments with the surgeon - initial consult and final pre-op visit but there can be a host of tests in between depending on your health and medical history. I only needed blood tests and an Upper GI (standard for all lap band patients) but other tests may be ordered depending on your individual cir****tances. Best of luck! LOVIN' my band, Caeli 348/323/238/198 -110 lbs 5'10"
Caeli B.
on 10/27/06 12:27 am - Boston, MA
Oops! Forgot to mention appts with nutritionist and psychiatrist. The "2" appts are with the surgeon but then there are others...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views