Diet Advancement

JLR12679
on 10/23/06 6:52 am - Sudbury, MA
Does anyone know what Newton Wellesley Hospitals 4 week diet advancement consisted of?
NicoleC
on 10/23/06 11:41 am - FRANKLIN, MA
Hi Jessica. I am 3 months out, a patient of Dr. Gazmuri. At Diet advancement it is done in a class format with others who had their surgery around the same time as you. The NUT will assess each of your progress and make suggestions. She will also give you handouts on how to slowly advance your diet. IT's done in phases. The trick is to go slow and chew everything very well. I go on wednesday for my 3 month appt. I've lost 60 pounds. Good luck to you! Nicole
honeymoo
on 10/24/06 2:12 am - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
It's just like Nicole said, you get to add a little bit of new stuff every week, How's everything going? Gwen
JLR12679
on 10/24/06 3:34 am - Sudbury, MA
Hi Gwen, Im doing good, I was really tired last week, so I have been trying to get more protein. Today I went for a walk and then rested, then swept part of the garage. I plan to clean my house and fold some laundry. Im out of work till 10/31 and hope to get an advancement till at least 11/6 I want to see how I do with the advancement. Im having a hard time with anything that has consistancy to it, yogart I could do, now I cant get more then a bite or two in and I have to force myself, anything like that is hard for me. Anything that is clear goes down fine. As of rightnow Im 60 down total between preop and post op. The weightloss is going slower this week, so im trying something new with the isopure. How have you been doing? Hope to talk to you soon Jess
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views