HELP

tammymartin
on 10/20/06 6:34 am
Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for input from anyone who has had a revision. I had roux en y gbs (open) 6 years ago. Now I am gaining weight because my opening from the stomach to the intestine has stretched. Apparently this is due to the fact that 6 years ago they left the opening looser than they do now. I am considering a revision. Any ideas? One doctor suggested a lap band revision. Tammy
Pugsley
on 10/24/06 3:42 am - Dedham, MA
I was wondering if you have tried diet and exercise before you go with another surgery. I have a friend that had his surgery about 6.5 years ago and the samething happened to him and he joined weigh****chers and lost the weight. Good luck with any choice you make.
Caeli B.
on 10/27/06 12:30 am - Boston, MA
Where did you have your original surgery? I know of several people who have chosen to have a band placed over their RNY and have been successful. But I also know that there is a new technique at the Brigham for revising a RNY opening that is too big. Its a pretty advanced technique that doesn't require hospitalization overnight. Might be worth checking out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views