Just a couple of questions before surgery for those in the know

Marthajean
on 10/18/06 2:08 am - Pocasset, MA
Hi there, my surgery is scheduled for December 12th, and I am a bit nervous, mostly because my husband begrudgingly got on board after quite awhile. I was just wondering what time frame people who have had the lap RNY would suggest to take off from work. I know there is a four to six week radius and I am a nurse who couldn't take much more off than the maximum unless (gulp) there were difficulties to deal with. Also, I have jury duty the day before and my history has been to be picked (just something about my lovely demeanor I guess so I am wondering if upcoming elective (vs necessary) surgery is something one could be excused for Also, do you suggest getting acquainted with some of the liquid/protein powders/drinks prior to surgery? Any sort of info you could offer would be gratefully appreciated.
donnafc
on 10/19/06 5:16 am - Lowell, MA
Hi congratulations on getting a date. I had the lap ryn and was out of work for 4 weeks. I could have gone back to light duty work after 2 and wished I had stayed out for the 6. In fact I drove to work in the 2nd week for 1/2 day for a meeting. As far as protein drinks don't spend a lot of money pre-op. I had tried a bunch and thought that the unjury would be the way to go, I purchased 2 large containers and a few smaller packets to have when I got home from the hospital... low and behold I couldn't stomach it. I ended up taking a whey protein that I got from Walmart. 1/2 the price and it was easier on my new pouch. Good luck with jury duty not sure on that one. donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views