I need help deciding which surgeon is best in the Boston- Newton, MA area!!

belle1971
on 10/4/06 12:46 pm - Milford, MA
I am a little distressed as to which doctor I should make an initial apointment with!! There seems to be alot of good ones out there. My primary doctor recommended Dr. Bruce Thayer from Newton-Wellesley Hopsiptal. But I think I would prefer a doctor from the Boston Medical area. Any suggestions??
NicoleC
on 10/4/06 12:54 pm - FRANKLIN, MA
Hi there! First of all Dr. Thayer just retired last month. I just had my surgery at Newton-Wellesley in July with Dr. Gazmuri. I could NOT have been happier. They were wonderful and my hospital stay was awesome. I have had no problems what so ever. I am a surgical nurse (I actually work at Milford Regional) and I worked in Boston. I promise you that you will not recieve better care at a Boston hospital than you could recieve at NWH. Please feel free to email me with any questions at all. I would recommend Chestnut Surgical to anyone. Best, Nicole
SoulSista
on 10/4/06 7:26 pm - Boston, MA
love love love dr latuz at brigham and womens hospital. they will schedual all of your appointments so you doing have to come in 4- 5 times Marsha
honeymoo
on 10/4/06 10:38 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
I had Dr. Thayer a week before he retired but am now following up w/ Dr. Gazmuri. I love NW, the staff in great both in the office and in the hospital as well. I didn't feel like just a number in the hospital as you do with many of the bigger ones in the city. Personally I liked the fact that it wasn't in Boston. Is there a specific reason you would prefer a Dr from Boston? Gwen
belle1971
on 10/5/06 12:01 pm - Milford, MA
Hi Gwen! No, I don't have a specific reason why I would go to Boston, I just want to make sure I am making the right choice. Thank you and everyone for telling me that Dr. Bruce Thayer ha retired!! My primary doctor is the one who gave me hs name. Hmm! I am re-considering going to NW. It is closer to me here in Milford. Thanks again! If you could think of anything else I need to know, feel free to email me! If you don't ming me asking, what procedure did you have?~ Thanks again, Nacy
honeymoo
on 10/5/06 11:53 pm - on The Rock 30 miles out to Sea, MA
Here is their website www.newtonwellesleywls.com, check it out, they also have a list of when their meetings are, go to a new patient info meeting it can't hurt plus you would have to go to one anyway somewhere at least it's a starting point. Just so you know they do not do Lap Band (they explain why at this session) Good Luck Gwen
belle1971
on 10/6/06 12:30 pm - Milford, MA
Thanks a whole bunch! This is really helpful!
zenmom
on 10/5/06 6:19 am - Boston and Cape Cod, MA
Hello, Are you having a lap band? I am a nurse at Brigham and Womens and am being evaluated for lap band surgery by Dr. Vernon. I chose her based on the recommendation of the other nurses in the hospital, includeing several OR nurses, who have been banded. I used to work in surgical ICU though and know the DR. Lautz is an awesome surgeon. If I were having RNY, I might pick him. I have to admit, I have a prejudice in favor of the big teaching hospitals too. One nice thing about BWH is that you can have your surgery there, but have other appointments (upper GI, fills, etc.) at Faulkner which is much less "busy" in terms of parking, hospital traffic, etc..I had an upper GI there today and they actually took me early!!! Dr. Vernon sees people there as well. So far everyone at BWH has been great and they have the insurance approval process down to a science. Good luck! Susan
belle1971
on 10/5/06 12:36 pm - Milford, MA
Hi Susan! I don't know which procedure I will be having. I have to talk to a surgeon first I guess to decide that. BWH....pardon my ignorance...is that in Boston? I am not originally from here. My husband is from MA. I'm from Louisiana. So, not at all familiar with the area although I've been up here for 5 years! So, any help is appreciated!...Nacy
roberta J.
on 10/5/06 7:17 am - easton, MA
Hi I just had my open RNY with Dr Robinson at Brigham and Womens last Weds. I could not have been happier. I started out at the Faulkner, but when I decided to go with Dr Robinson, he only does his surgery at BW. I will be able to see him for post-op visits at either hospital, whichever is more convenient for me. The nursing care at BW was AMAZING!!! I was on the 15th floor, and it was great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views