help maintaining before surgery!!!

courtneymariah
on 10/4/06 10:58 am - Gill, MA
Hi all, I am looking for some help on maintaining or losing some weight before I gain anymore. I don't want to gain anymore. I am hoping to have lap rny in January and was told if I gain more then 5 pounds I will not be able to get it. I also am in the process of quiting smoking which will be extra hard to not gain weight. ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!
lawlerladybug
on 10/4/06 11:15 am - Dennis, MA
hey coutney, what seemed to work for me was throwing away food. I figured I only going to be able to have a couple bites post op so I just started to not finish anything.. I did lose weight.. I didn't want to gain any.. I also started eating sugar free treats.. My Dr. has a wonderful program and we had to meet with the nutritionist 2 times and keep journals. It really helped and as you get closer to your date I found I didn't even care about food.. I didn't even have a "my last meal" I just ate to get by. It will be a little harder around the holidays though. But you can do it. I also didn't want any complications so I figured the more weight I could lose befor the surgery the better outcome I would have.. I hope this was helpful.. Good Luck ! tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views