I have a surgery date

Marthajean
on 9/25/06 4:32 am - Pocasset, MA
Hi everyone, I went to see Dr. Lautz on the twenty first and found him to be very good and approachable. Also was able to get him to smile when I mentioned my seven year old had wanted to get me "Fitness Made Simple" for Christmas. When I got to the desk Eileen asked me if December twelfth was ok...For my next appointment I asked. "No, she said, for the surgery." So now I am both excited and scared...What next? Would love any and all imput....Thanks Martha
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 9/26/06 6:50 am - 128 Belt, MA
Many folks only regret is not doing it sooner. Keep your date and forward march!! You won't be sorry! Joan
linkunlovr
on 9/28/06 8:10 am
Congratulations Martha. I had a gastric bypass on August 21st just a month and a few days ago. I feel great and have had no hunger at all since the surgery. My doctor has all his patients go on a liquid diet (Carnation instant breakfast and its ilk) for the 2 weeks prior to surgery. He says it helps clear some fat away from the liver and makes it easier for him to work around there in the surgery. I was able to keep more or less on the schedule with three exceptions - a turkey thigh on two days a week before surgery and a couple of cookies 4 days before. The doctor said if you gained weight before the surgery it may be postponed and I didnt want to wait another day. I lost 8 or 9 pounds in the last two weeks and the doctor was pleased. After the surgery he said that he could tell I had been dieting from my liver. Anyway from the first time since i met him in late June have lost 44 pounds. I still have almost 200 more to go but I feel terrific. Martha, I would have had difficulty in not giving in to the urge for a last binge if I had 3 months to go. I wish you well and urge you to use support groups or whatever else is available to help you. In many ways the next three months will be a large challenge. Its so helpful for me now in that 1) I have no appetite and 2) I know I cant physically eat the things or amounts I used to. By the way December 12th is my birthday. Joe
Marthajean
on 9/30/06 3:29 am - Pocasset, MA
Hi everyone, Thank you so much for the support! Today I decided to go for a walk to get myself going and took my fourteen year old dog with me. The poor guy had to stop frequently for breaks on our mile or so march and I have to say even though both of us were tired, he was limping more than me and I was faster. Nice to know I am a little more in shape than someone...Anyway, we both made it on our walk...I have my psych appt, nutrition consult and ultrasound coming up next...Please wish me luck! Martha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views