chris s. cover of herald re: binging before surgery.

staceygio
on 9/21/06 10:49 pm - east boston, MA
we were just at our monthly gastric bypass meeting and we were all commenting about a gentleman by the name of Chris who appeared on the cover of The Herald last week. He was going to see a surgeon about a bypass and was on a "two week tour" of all his favorite restaurants, eating like crazy!!! I said to myself , God help him. Then I thought , "what kind of surgeon is he seeing that would let him do this"??!! Everyone at our meeting agreed last night that that was no way to prepare for a life changing thing like this surgery. I was glad to see in this mornings Herald ( 9/22/06 ) that Chris was denied his surgery until he loses weight. God knows I want to see this man lose weight, but he is not in the right mind set now. If he were to have it now I'm afraid something aweful ( complications!! ) may happen to him. Almost everybody wakes up after sugery, it's what YOU do AFTER that keeps you alive!!!!! Chris if you read this - I hope you make it to your goals!
Patricia *.
on 9/22/06 6:45 am - Stoneham, MA
Personally, I don't really blame the poor guy for wanting to eat for "the last time". True, we can eat after, but not in the same way. I always enjoyed sitting down to a large meal and eating everything on my plate. For some reason, I coulnd't get enough of Indian food before the surgery. I actually wish I ate at more restaurants because it would have cut down on the cravings just after surgery. Just my two cents.
roberta J.
on 9/22/06 10:36 am - easton, MA
I read both articles in the Herald. This guy has some serious problems. If he read anything about WLS before going on his eating binge, he would have known that after surgery he would be able to eat almost anything. That is what I have read in the many books I bought on the subject, and also on this web site. The 40 lbs he has to lose before surgery is going to be tough!! I hope the Herald does a follw-up story so we know when and if he is able to lose it.
Amanda.F
on 9/24/06 5:45 am - Bradford, MA
Its not like we can never eat again...its just that we dont eat the same portions we used to. That guys just isnt ready for the step we have taken...and to put it on the cover of the Herald is more mind boggling. He just isnt serious about the whole procedure.
stephanie1977
on 9/24/06 8:56 pm - Roxbury, MA
Just as a follow up- there was a follow up article in Friday's Boston Herald. Seems the doctor put the brakes on the surgery, demanded that Chris lose 40 lbs prior to surgery, see a nutionist as well as a psycologist. Well I guess all of our prayers were answered. I am so glad that the doctor did the right thing as far as this guy goes. Yes I agree we all had some "Last Suppers" but I don't think any of us went to the extreme that this guy did. I hope all goes well with him.
groundsmgr
on 9/29/06 6:53 am - sandown, NH
I don't agree with what he did. You are changing your life. yes you may want some things just in case you can't have them latter due to dumping. I was glad to see his doctor steped in. I need to loose more than him and i lean't to start befor i was even going to the surgen to tell me this. It is easyer to start loosing now and change you habit than latter and then it may be to late
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views