Insurance coverage??

Katie R.
on 9/9/06 2:30 pm - Marlborough, MA
Hey my name is Katie Rudd, Im new to this site i just singed up today but i was wondering about being approved by my insurance. I have tufts HMO... and my conditions are as follows im morbidly obese, high bloodpressure, GERD, extreme lower back pain and depression. Has anyone on here had symptons similar and gotten approved by tufts? I guess thats the most thing that i am concered about, because id onthave diabetes or heart disease or anything like that. Please let me know... Thanks, ~Katie~
txbunny930
on 9/11/06 12:07 am - MA
You have everything that would warrants the surgery. You will need to contact your insurance company and have them send you the guidelines for WLS. They can fax or mail them to you. This will give you the outline in which to go by and make sure you give a copy to your surgeon for their records. Once you get a copy, come and ask questions, if you have any. We're here to help. Good luck on your journey. Lorraine
ellie72
on 9/11/06 1:51 am - hull, MA
Hi Katie, I had my surgery a year ago. I also have Tufts. I was approved the first time. I didn't have any trouble ! Thankfully. Granted this was a year ago. But the only thing I had was arthritis in my knees, luckily! I am sure it will all work out! Eleanor
JLR12679
on 9/11/06 8:41 am - Sudbury, MA
katie, I dont have tufts but I know a few people that were approved without a blink of the eye. I live in sudbuy and go through Newton wellsley Hospital in Newton. I dont think you have anything to worry about. But if you decide to go with Newton wellsley Hospital they have a quick process in my opinion. I had my first consult 7/26 and am having surgery 10/3. Jess
bobbisue
on 9/12/06 1:29 am - Shrewsbury, MA
Hi Katie, and welcome, I have Tufts HMO and had no problem with approval. I had very few health issues as well. Sleep apnea and previous knee surgeries. Tufts was great, but you still need to check. I believe you will have no problems though. Good Luck!! Bobbi
shadylady896
on 9/12/06 6:08 am - brewster, MA
Hi Katie, I have Tufts and am having my sugery at Tufts/New England Medical Center. I was approved before I even made a dent in the classes and appointments that NEMC requires. You should have no problem getting approved with Tufts. I'd also recommend the program at NEMC if you haven't chosen a program yet. Good luck! Melinda
Katie R.
on 9/12/06 9:42 am - Marlborough, MA
Thanks all for the information it makes me feel a whole lot better about being approved. I also called my insurance company and they said they cover it 100% as long as your BMI is over 40... mine is and i have co morbidities so i think i am all set. Has anyone gone to emerson for thier surgery?? Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views