Approved *faints* (Mass Health insurance)

InnerAnomaly
on 9/7/06 2:15 pm - Hudson, MA
I also posted this in the roux-en-y forum as well, but I think there are some people in here on Mass Health, and people who go to BMC. I just got approved for my surgery, and I'm really happy. I'm confused, because I didn't even know my doctor had put in for me to have the surgery yet, but I got a letter in the mail today telling me I was approved. At my last weigh in I was 304, my goal for surgery is 300 or less, so I'm right there, I haven't weighed myself since, but I'm almost positive I'm 300 or under (my pants are falling off of my butt!!, it's such a great feeling )... My question, for any and all of you, but towards any patients at BMC is, what is the protocol for this from here? They had to have submitted my case for approval, so how long does it take from here to get an actual date? Any insight would be wonderful! And Mass Health insurees, they do cover this surgery!!
Jeana W.
on 9/8/06 7:34 am - Cambridge, MA
Congratulations! I'm on MassHealth also. I was wondering if you had to go through the 6 month program that is required. Also, were there any other requirements that you needed to fulfull before you got approved? I'm not going through the BMC, I'm at MGH but I'm sure it's similar, right? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect from MassHealth so I'm prepared for them. Good luck! I hope you get a date soon! Jeana
InnerAnomaly
on 9/9/06 12:04 am - Hudson, MA
I've been seeing doctors since I was about 15 about my weight issues... I wa**** by a car when I was 11, and my thin figure went out the window, due to numerous surgeries to ensure I wouldn't have limbs longer than others... For me, I went to see Dr. Hess at BMC May 21, 2006, and since I didn't have a lot of weight to lose prior to surgery, and I had an open schedule, due to being a SAHM, I coasted through with everything I needed to get done... I know Mass Health requires you go to at least 2 support group meetings, and as long as it's deemed medically necessary, they should approve it. I've done every diet program out there, and nothing has ever worked, or it would help me lose 10 pounds, but I'd gain back 20+ soon thereafter... I also got a date, I'm having surger on the 11th of October, I'm so very happy!! I hope your process is as short as mine. As long as your flexible with the appointments needed, and get to the pre-op goal weight you should coast along as well...
Holliewheeler
on 9/10/06 12:22 am - leominster, MA
Good luck, I have masshealth also an just started my journey. right know im 290 an having so much trouble breathing lately an i done every diet out there known to man an i loose some gain double back, I don't know if masshealth will approve me I sure hope so, obesity an heart problems run high in my family. an im only 22. hollie
InnerAnomaly
on 9/11/06 6:18 am - Hudson, MA
Hi Hollie! I just turned 25, so I know the boat you're in... If you're going for the bypass, and not the lapband you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting approved, provided you have documented proof of what you've tried.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views