Just moved to MA

Lynn Bee
on 9/2/06 5:10 am - Greater Boston, MA
Hi, My name is Lynn and I just moved to Cambridge, MA. I had my DS 2.5 months ago. Are there any gatherings of people who have had WLS near this area? I am not necessarily looking for a support group - because as far as I know there are no DS suregeons in MA - but it would be nice to attend an informal meeting of people who have had WLS, since we all face the same psychological issues about losing a lot of weight. I would also just be happy to get to know people on this board - so please introduce yourselves! Looking forward to "meeting" you.
~ Stylz ~
on 9/3/06 8:37 am - North of Boston, MA
Welcome to Massachusetts Lynn I'm not sure of support groups in your area as I live about 45 minutes from you and attend support groups in Lowell, MA. Maybe if Laurie is reading this, she can fill you in on the Newton Welsley support group meetings
Lynn Bee
on 9/18/06 3:18 am - Greater Boston, MA
Thank you!
txbunny930
on 9/5/06 12:07 am - MA
Welcome to Mass. Dr. Randall has a monthly meeting and the next one is 9/21 @ 6:30 pm at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Nursing Center in Medford. He welcomes all WLS patients or anyone interested in WLS. We'd love to see you there. If you need further information, just email me and I'll be happy to assist. Lorraine
Lynn Bee
on 9/18/06 3:19 am - Greater Boston, MA
Thanks. I will look up how far way that is from where I am and email you if it is close enough for me to drive to.
dbracero
on 9/18/06 12:27 am - Salem, MA
Hi, Welcome to MA. I think you'll be happy to know that The Obesity Consult Center at Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston has a monthly support group. This meeting is once a month, free, and is very informational. There are always professional staff at each gathering and the meeting is held in their Auditorium. They meet the 3rd Monday of each month. The next meeting will be on Monday, October 16th. Here is their website: http://www.obesityconsult.org/ Tufts-NEMC was the first medical center in New England to do Laparascopic Gastric Bypass. The Medical Center's surgeons remain the most experienced in the region, with outcomes more favorable than the national average. I had Lap Gastric bypass in February 14, 2006. I'm 7 months post-op and have lost 94lbs. so far. I'm very excited because I'm only 9 lbs. away from my goal weight of 145. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Damarys
Lynn Bee
on 9/18/06 3:21 am - Greater Boston, MA
Thank you. I will mapquest how far away it is and then email you if it is close enough for me to attend. Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views